Windows 10: I am unable to open Microsoft Photos app after updating to new June 24 2020 Build - URGENT...

Discus and support I am unable to open Microsoft Photos app after updating to new June 24 2020 Build - URGENT... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having problems open Microsoft Photos app after updating.. I think it was accidentally uninstalled previously but when I tried to install it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhillipK, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PhillipK Win User

I am unable to open Microsoft Photos app after updating to new June 24 2020 Build - URGENT...

I am having problems open Microsoft Photos app after updating.. I think it was accidentally uninstalled previously but when I tried to install it as a secondary user.. there are 2 -3 user logins on this new 2020 June Laptop that is use for tech support. I am somehow unable to install it even as a full Admin account. Please help This PC is used for the blind school. I tried everything to install it but it does not even allow me to install it now..Using Windows 10 Education

:)

PhillipK, Jun 24, 2020

2. Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes
    June 2020 Security Updates
    Release Date: June 09, 2020

The June security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) in IE Mode
    • Microsoft ChakraCore
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Windows Defender
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    • Visual Studio
    • Azure DevOps
    • HoloLens
    • Adobe Flash Player
    • Microsoft Apps for Android
    • Windows App Store
    • System Center
    • Android App
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will also share the same security update KBs.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs, Mitigations and Workarounds with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20200609. For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

KB Article Applies To
    4560960 Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903, Windows 10, version 1909, Windows Server version 1909
    4561608 Windows 10 Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4561616 Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016
    4561643 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4561645 Windows Server 2008 (Security-only update)
    4561669 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4561670 Windows Server 2008 (Monthly Rollup)

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...etail/2020-Jun

NICK ADSL UK, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 24, 2020
  4. I am unable to open Microsoft Photos app after updating to new June 24 2020 Build - URGENT...

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to open Microsoft Photos app after updating to new June 24 2020 Build - URGENT...

1. I am unable to open Microsoft Photos app after updating to new June 24 2020 Build - URGENT... - Similar Threads - unable open Microsoft

2. When saving photos, I am unable to open the photo after I saved it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When saving photos, I am unable to open the photo after I saved it: Hello,When I download a photo from my email or online and save it to my files. I am unable to open that photo. This only happens with photos. On a separate topic. One Drive duplicates many of my files. this is very common with files I haven't used in a while. For example. If...
  3. Microsoft’s new app store for Windows 11 will be unveiled on June 24

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new app store for Windows 11 will be unveiled on June 24: Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) remains an integral part of the OS since Windows 8. Windows Store is how most built-in apps get updates outside of the Windows updates, and it’s also the safest way for users to purchase, download, and install their favourite...
  4. What is New in Microsoft Teams for June 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Teams for June 2020: Microsoft Teams continues to evolve to be the hub for teamwork and we're excited to share new functionality that helps people do their best work. We have new meetings, calling, devices, chat and collaboration, IT admin, and industry features this month! Check out our new...
  5. June 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  6. What is new in Microsoft 365 in June 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Microsoft 365 in June 2020: This month, as communities around the world move from “remote everything” to a more hybrid model of work and life, I’m excited to let you know that many capabilities from past announcements are reaching public preview or general...
  7. New Microsoft Outlook app 4.1.105 version released for Android June 24

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Outlook app 4.1.105 version released for Android June 24: Meet Outlook for Android, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for Android lets you do more from one powerful inbox. See what matters most first with the Focused inbox...
  8. New Microsoft Edge app version released for Android - June 24

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app version released for Android - June 24: Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once you’ve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a...
  9. Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes June 2020 Security Updates Release Date: June 09, 2020 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) in IE Mode Microsoft ChakraCore...
  10. Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft June 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes June 2020 Security Updates Release Date: June 09, 2020 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based in IE Mode Microsoft ChakraCore Internet...