Windows 10: I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the owner and only user of this computer. This seems to have happened just this week, because I think I have accessed files in this same folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronMorris1, Jul 17, 2019.

1. I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop.

I am the owner and only user of this computer. This seems to have happened just this week, because I think I have accessed files in this same folder before. Please advise.

:)

AaronMorris1, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop. [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop.

Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop.

1. I am unable to open my own files on my own, newly purchased, Windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - unable open own

2. Am unable to open my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am unable to open my laptop: When i open my pc the screen shows that it's on but it only end here with that white line on top left can you kindly assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-unable-to-open-my-laptop/f57badc8-5275-4624-ada6-1ea7a15ef76f
  3. Am unable to open my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am unable to open my laptop: When i open my pc the screen shows that it's on but it only end here with that white line on top left can you kindly assist me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-unable-to-open-my-laptop/f57badc8-5275-4624-ada6-1ea7a15ef76f
  4. Can I open a file on OneDrive with my own text editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I open a file on OneDrive with my own text editor?: I have a text file in OneDrive, can I open this and work with it with Edit Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-open-a-file-on-onedrive-with-my-own-text/e05fe944-2dc2-4196-99d1-bf4044bd8678
  5. Unable to activate windows 10 on my own device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows 10 on my own device: Hi guys, I upgraded to Windows 10 from my Windows 8 PC and all of a sudden I am unable to activate my license. Whenever I get a company laptop I login with the same ID for using Office365 and somehow in that laptop the license is present. Just in my original laptop, I am...
  6. I am unable to open .Jre files on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am unable to open .Jre files on my windows 10 laptop: I am unable to open .Jre files on my windows 10 laptop, though I have downloaded the latest java software, please help me.. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-jre-files-on-my-windows-10/9b250276-1bc4-45b8-9a12-478d842ab9ec
  7. I keep being unable to access my own files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep being unable to access my own files: When I create a new file, I can't access it, or even view it in Windows Explorer. I can't save files, etc. It's infuriating. I've tried all the usual things. I've changed the permissions, the access, I've changed the ownership to my account, and I'm using an instance of...
  8. Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...: File Explorer started opening on its own. It will be there when I 'wake up' the PC then randomly open a few times during the day. The last update was 11/15/18 which is about when this started. Are others experiencing this? Solutions?...
  9. Windows Powershell opens on its own when I turn my laptop on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Powershell opens on its own when I turn my laptop on: Windows Powershell opens on its own when I turn my laptop on and keyboard are not work properly automatically on new windows...
  10. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My own laptop and I am unable to save files in Windows