Windows 10: I am unable to open photos in My Documents

Discus and support I am unable to open photos in My Documents in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All photos that I try to open individually come back with an error: FILE SYSTEM ERROR -2147219196 Can you please tell me how I can get rid of this so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MalcolmDavis5, Oct 25, 2020.

1. I am unable to open photos in My Documents

All photos that I try to open individually come back with an error: FILE SYSTEM ERROR -2147219196

Can you please tell me how I can get rid of this so that I can just view photos one at a time not as a slide show from the document rather than having to go a convoluted way in by using Open with Windows Photo Viewer.

:)

MalcolmDavis5, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 25, 2020
  4. bala6233 Win User

I am unable to open photos in My Documents

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Hai,

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type.

I am unable to open photos in My Documents [​IMG]

Regards.
    bala.

bala6233, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to open photos in My Documents

1. I am unable to open photos in My Documents - Similar Threads - unable open photos

2. I am unable to open some software ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to open some software ?: My Windows pops up the message " 0x000000 Memory could not be read " I have done sfc /scannow but it doesnt work for me What to do Now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-some-software/9358ae1a-7d78-430b-b3a3-85c151090662
  3. Unable to open photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open photos: I am unable to open photos because it writes that the format is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-photos/a2a20ead-69f5-4089-9b6f-04b07256cf83
  4. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am not able to open MS Word documents.: I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead." Please advise. Thank you! Ken...
  5. Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders: Since the past two days, after having downloaded a few documents, I am unable to open them. When I right click to open, it just gets stuck and I have to close it. I have tried moving the folder onto my desktop but once I open that and try to open a document inside, it just...
  6. I am currently unable to to download photo's from my SD card?

I am currently unable to to download photo's from my SD card?: can not download photos from SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-currently-unable-to-to-download-photos-from/13921188-75d9-4041-b919-aba2e616b652
  7. Unable to find photos and documents on the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find photos and documents on the PC: I opened my computer and all my documents and photos are gone. I am not logged in as a temporary account user. I have searched for a Windows.old folder and don't see one. When I open the folders for pictures and documents it days this folder is empty. I have restarted the...
  8. Unable to open Word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word document: Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched multiple things to...
  9. After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After windows update on the 5th of April 2019 I am unable to open documents and programs: The computer will restart and I can see the documents on the desktop but I can't open any folders, I can't open any documents. This happened overnight. I want to roll back the update but I can't seem to do that either. It's also lost all of my indexing and turned it off and...
  10. I am unable to open the personalize window..

I am unable to open the personalize window..: Hello there.. I am unable to open the personalized window on my windows 10. I have searched the same doubt in this website and they have given me the method that what to do next.. I have tried it out but still somehow i am not able to open it.. Here i have attached the...