Windows 10: I am unable to open windows 11 settings app

Discus and support I am unable to open windows 11 settings app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I click on the app it will not open enough to read the details so I cannot update windows etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidCoxms, Nov 3, 2022.

1. I am unable to open windows 11 settings app

When I click on the app it will not open enough to read the details so I cannot update windows etc.

:)

DavidCoxms, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I am unable to open windows 11 settings app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 3, 2022
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 3, 2022
  4. I am unable to open windows 11 settings app

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 3, 2022
Thema:

I am unable to open windows 11 settings app

1. I am unable to open windows 11 settings app - Similar Threads - unable open settings

2. I am unable to open apps of settings, microsoft store, whatsapp etc in windows 11 MSI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to open apps of settings, microsoft store, whatsapp etc in windows 11 MSI: Install failed please contact to your software vendor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-apps-of-settings-microsoft/eb7f2df5-3e2a-44c0-bb07-9a3fbc1e83e7
  3. I am unable to open apps of settings, microsoft store, whatsapp etc in windows 11 MSI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to open apps of settings, microsoft store, whatsapp etc in windows 11 MSI: Install failed please contact to your software vendor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-apps-of-settings-microsoft/eb7f2df5-3e2a-44c0-bb07-9a3fbc1e83e7
  4. I am unable to install certain apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to install certain apps in windows 11: It randomly happens with certain .exe and .msi apps where when I try to install it tries to take me to the windows store to find an app to open. If I hit yes - it goes to the store and says app not found. If I hit no it of course fails to install. When I hit properties on the...
  5. I am unable to install certain apps in windows 11

I am unable to install certain apps in windows 11: It randomly happens with certain .exe and .msi apps where when I try to install it tries to take me to the windows store to find an app to open. If I hit yes - it goes to the store and says app not found. If I hit no it of course fails to install. When I hit properties on the...
  6. I am unable to open windows 11 settings app

I am unable to open windows 11 settings app: When I click on the app it will not open enough to read the details so I cannot update windows etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-open-windows-11-settings-app/adbd0558-8ba4-4ca7-be00-658ab1de112a
  7. The settings app on windows 11 is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings app on windows 11 is not opening: The Windows settings app is not opening on my computer. I run a Win 11 Windows insiderBuild 225567.ni_release.220225-1325. Whenever I click on it the entire taskbar freezes and the start button just doesn't work! Its happening since yesterday....
  8. Windows 11 unable to open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 unable to open settings: When I start windows and login in black screen and cursor appears, thus i have to restart windows with Alt+Ctrl+Del, then after restart i cannot open settings , it just doesnt open....
  9. Windows 11 unable to open settings

Windows 11 unable to open settings: When I start windows and login in black screen and cursor appears, thus i have to restart windows with Alt+Ctrl+Del, then after restart i cannot open settings , it just doesnt open....
  10. unable to open settings app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open settings app in windows 10: how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-app-in-windows-10/3226acbe-a966-42c8-a983-3a3723e8c703