Windows 10: I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11

Discus and support I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not have the option to pin an app on the task bar on the bottom tray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VassantDabee, May 21, 2024.

1. I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11

I do not have the option to pin an app on the task bar on the bottom tray

:)

VassantDabee, May 21, 2024
  2. Mikky_888 Win User

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, May 21, 2024
  3. In Windows 10 , how do you pin / add Internet Explorer 11 to the task bar

I wish to get the icon for Internet Explorer 11 pinned to the task bar. The IE 11 Tools section has "Add site to Apps" and "Go to pinned sites" but nothing about how to pin/add IE 11 to the task bar.

So I am asking: How do you pin/add Internet Explorer 11 to the task bar?

SOLUTIONS

1. I just stumbled upon "Make Internet Explorer your default browser",
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Look for the section: How do I pin Internet Explorer to my taskbar in the desktop?

I could not get it to work. Maybe you will have better luck. If not, try my solution below.

2. Below is a multi-step solution that I devised prior to finding the solution listed above.

1. Go to Edge.

2. Use Bing to do a search. Any word for a search argument will work just fine. I used " Cow ".

3. Go to More Action and use the option: Open with Internet Explorer. Doing so will display the Bing output in IE 11. Right click on the Menu Bar and make any needed changes. Change the URL to your home page and refresh to display your home page
    web site. Make sure everything is displayed that you wish to display.

4. Using IE 11 Tools, use Add Site to Apps.

5. Then click on the window pane in the bottom, left side of the screen and look for the icon in the Recently Added section, the IE app should be listed there. If not, check the All apps section because the entry may have been put there. The home
    page name will be the title of the IE 11 session and the icon associated to the home page site will be the icon in the task bar.

6. Right click on the Icon and select: Pin to task bar.

7. Enjoy.

Now the problem with the above instructions is that the icon pinned to the task bar will be the icon of the home page. If you like that then you can stop here. If you dislike the icon then do the following.

1. Just use the icon a few times resulting in Internet Explorer being added to your Most Used list.

2. Click on the Windows icon in the lower left part of the screen and checked the Most Used list located along the left edge of the screen.

3. If Internet Explorer is in the Most Used list then right click on the IE 11 icon and click on Pin to Taskbar.

4. Now click on the IE 11 icon on the Taskbar to start IE 11.

5. Enjoy.

Side comment: If you use Norton Security from Symantec, the add-ons Norton Tool Bar and Norton Identity Protection will be enabled but not displayed on the tool bar. This is a little confusing because their presence is displayed in other browsers.

FrankBartling, May 21, 2024
  4. sixt5cuda Win User

I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, May 21, 2024
Thema:

I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11

1. I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11 - Similar Threads - unable pin app

2. I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to pin an app to the task bar on windows 11: I do not have the option to pin an app on the task bar on the bottom tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-pin-an-app-to-the-task-bar-on/7ad7daf3-29fd-42f1-9c89-50fff49485dc
  3. Unable to remove default icons pinned to task bar windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove default icons pinned to task bar windows 11.: Hi Team, I'm quite annoyed with windows 11 feature where it doesn't allow me to remove some of the apps pinned to taskbar. For example, I'm trying to remove the MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word icon pinned to taskbar, after next restart they are reverted back to original...
  4. Unable to remove default icons pinned to task bar windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove default icons pinned to task bar windows 11.: Hi Team, I'm quite annoyed with windows 11 feature where it doesn't allow me to remove some of the apps pinned taskbar. for example, I'm trying to remove the MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word icon pinned to taskbar, after next restart they are reverted back to original...
  5. How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar: Hello. I recently purchased a new laptop. I have been trying to pin apps to the desktop/home screen not the taskbar. For some apps like whatsapp or calculator I am only able to pin it to either the start menu or the task bar. I have tried to make a shortcut/pin it from file...
  6. How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar

How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar: Hello. I recently purchased a new laptop. I have been trying to pin apps to the desktop/home screen not the taskbar. For some apps like whatsapp or calculator I am only able to pin it to either the start menu or the task bar. I have tried to make a shortcut/pin it from file...
  7. Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows: Last week I was on my laptop and it was working fine, there was an update that it wanted to do but I ignored it. A few days ago I opened my laptop to find the background was the default windows background not mine and a spinning dial that said "preparing windows." I unlocked...
  8. Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows

Blank task bar, unable to open apps in Windows: Last week I was on my laptop and it was working fine, there was an update that it wanted to do but I ignored it. A few days ago I opened my laptop to find the background was the default windows background not mine and a spinning dial that said "preparing windows." I unlocked...
  9. pin task manager to task bar

pin task manager to task bar: Hi, I don't have a question about this I have a solution as I was looking around to find how I might do this all the answers I found were no correct. for some reason the task manager is not in the same place as other apps in windows 10 I found it by left clicking the...
  10. Pinning programmes to task bar

Pinning programmes to task bar: If we pinned a program to a task bar,It will run on ram with the startup=? Is it causes to Ram? or it is like a shortcut in the desktop?...