Windows 10: I am unable to remove an email account from my desktop settings, as I do not have access to it.

Discus and support I am unable to remove an email account from my desktop settings, as I do not have access to it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an account in the section "accounts used by other apps" in the account settings tab which I no longer have access to, and without access I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdwardNotGone, May 21, 2020.

1. I am unable to remove an email account from my desktop settings, as I do not have access to it.

I have an account in the section "accounts used by other apps" in the account settings tab which I no longer have access to, and without access I can't seem to remove it from this computer. It's one of those school accounts that get deactivated when you are no longer a student, whether it be through graduation or otherwise.

How can I remove it? I get prompts constantly to input the password for it in the sidebar, and frankly it's getting irritating.

:)

EdwardNotGone, May 21, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 21, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 21, 2020
  4. Ron Ladd Win User

I am unable to remove an email account from my desktop settings, as I do not have access to it.

Unable to access email account in Windows 10.

I cannot access my "other" email account after having added and deleted multiple times, followed all steps in "HELP" and Advanced settings. What do you suggest I try now?

Original Title: Email difficulties

Ron Ladd, May 21, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to remove an email account from my desktop settings, as I do not have access to it.

1. I am unable to remove an email account from my desktop settings, as I do not have access to it. - Similar Threads - unable remove email

2. How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to: So, I have a Windows 11 computer, settings look like this:I am unable to access the account as it was deleted a while ago, so it's no longer recoverable, the Microsoft is possibly unrecoverable as well. There is already a new email with the administrative role, but I'm not...
  3. How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove an email from my computer that i no longer have access to: So, I have a Windows 11 computer, settings look like this:I am unable to access the account as it was deleted a while ago, so it's no longer recoverable, the Microsoft is possibly unrecoverable as well. There is already a new email with the administrative role, but I'm not...
  4. How do i remove an account from the "Email & Accounts" section in settings when "Remove...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove an account from the "Email & Accounts" section in settings when "Remove...: I have an old email account that i don't use anymore, i want to make the bottom account the main one, i want to remove the first one but it is not appearing. Please help....
  5. How do i remove an account from the "Email & Accounts" section in settings when "Remove...

How do i remove an account from the "Email & Accounts" section in settings when "Remove...: I have an old email account that i don't use anymore, i want to make the bottom account the main one, i want to remove the first one but it is not appearing. Please help....
  6. unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts

unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts: because of a job change I'm cleaning up some accounts from my computerthere are two accounts listed under settings > account > email & accountsthere is no option to delete these accountsThese are ms 365 work accountshow do I remove them?...
  7. unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts: because of a job change I'm cleaning up some accounts from my computerthere are two accounts listed under settings > account > email & accountsthere is no option to delete these accountsThese are ms 365 work accountshow do I remove them?...
  8. unable to remove accounts from Settings>email&accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to: I recently left my place of employment and had some of my MS apps associated with my work account on my personal computer. I deleted the email from Outlook but I still get a pop-up asking me to sign in to my work email account, which I no longer have access to. When I go to...
  10. How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to

How do I remove an email account from Windows 11 that I no longer have access to: I recently left my place of employment and had some of my MS apps associated with my work account on my personal computer. I deleted the email from Outlook but I still get a pop-up asking me to sign in to my work email account, which I no longer have access to. When I go to...