Windows 10: I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more.

Discus and support I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some odd reason, I am unable to change my time zone to the correct time zone when I set my time settings to "Set Time Automatically" and/or "Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jordan Otto, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more.

For some odd reason, I am unable to change my time zone to the correct time zone when I set my time settings to "Set Time Automatically" and/or "Set Time Zone Automatically", as well as my "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch being grayed out for no reason at all. Since I have gotten this laptop, it has always displayed an hour BEFORE the correct time, and then saying if I changed the time automatically that my time is "one hour ahead" which has always bothered me.

I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more. af4be488-4a09-4986-a363-7e8ce785663c?upload=true.png

(To note, the time zone listed in the image is not the correct one. Central time is my correct time, the option that is actually just below the central time (US & Canada.)

When I tried to change my time zone in the control panel, things did not get any better. when I tried changing it, it said that I wasn't administrator on my computer, when it clearly says I am.

I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more. b65c0c60-77c9-4da8-9260-d3ff242ee211?upload=true.png

This is very strange and bumming me out, and I'd like to know a solution so I can finally get this situation resolved.

For evidence, here is a website that says that I have the wrong time when I clearly do not.

I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more. a6b16be1-c9f3-4499-99f7-9b5663c1abef?upload=true.png

:)

Jordan Otto, Sep 5, 2018

2. Daylight savings time

Hi,

Right click on clock in taskbar > Select Adjust Date & Time

Ensure "Adjust for Daylight Saving Time automatically" is On.

Smittychat., Sep 5, 2018
  3. No daylight-saving time auto-adjust?

I am with three UK and can confirm that my phone automatically adjusted for daylight savings. I do not have the option to change clock automatically. I believe it is on by default.

kevgallacher---01, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Ethan B. Win User

I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more.

"Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" option grayed out

Hi Chase,

What does it say for your Time zone exactly? I set mine to ( UTC -06:00) Central America by accident, and the Adjust for daylight saving time automatically toggle switch got greyed out.

Be sure it's set to (UTC -06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).

Also, is this a recent development? Does this persist if you, say, move it to (UTC -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)?

Let me know.

Ethan B., Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more.

1. I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more. - Similar Threads - unable select Adjust

2. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  3. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  4. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...

Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...: Daylight Savings started and my new Windows 10 Laptop did not adjust at all. The "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" setting was off and disabled, and I needed to turn off "Set time zone automatically" in order for me to toggle it, however, when I toggle on, if...
  6. Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you reside in a location where Daylight Saving Time is available then you […] This article Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Daylight Saving Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Daylight Saving Time?: Hi, I live in California (Pacific Standard Time; PST). Today (November 1, 2020), Daylight Saving Time ends (move the clocks back 1 hour), yet my computer still hasn't automatically done that. This is the first time, that I can remember, where the computer didn't...
  8. Unpredictable behavior of automatic daylight savings adjustment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unpredictable behavior of automatic daylight savings adjustment: I am from Germany and today when I booted into Windows, the time was correctly switched to summer time. Then at 11:48 Windows changed the time back to winter time and I have no idea why. The settings should be correct. I had a similar thing happen years ago and want to...
  9. Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you live in the USA or some other countries where Daylight Saving Time is available, but find that the setting is not working on […] This article Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  10. Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?: I have set time zone and set time automatically turned on in settings. Daylight savings day recently just passed but my computer time is still one hour behind and I have to set it manually....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 daylight savings greyed out

2. unable to on daylight savings in windows 10

3. adjust for daylight saving greyed out

4. adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed,
  5. windows 10 uk cannot switch on daylight saving