Windows 10: i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device

Discus and support i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed the main email address that was connected to my account and when I turned off my device and re-opened it the device said to enter my pin. so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by talal issawi, Aug 16, 2022.

1. i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device

I changed the main email address that was connected to my account and when I turned off my device and re-opened it the device said to enter my pin. so i entered my pin and it said I needed to set up a new pin and when I followed the instructions it gave me it ended with an error page saying something went wrong and when I pushed retry it still did not work. so I decided to push the button to skip the step and set up my pin later but it just took me back to the sign in page where I needed to enter my pin. I tried multiple times and nothing is working.

:)

talal issawi, Aug 16, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Unable to set or remove a login PIN on Windows 10

After receiving no replies here, I asked this question over on Microsoft's support site. I'm copying the reply I got there, with the one modification I had to make to get it to work.

Note: I don't know whether it's permissible to copy this answer as I did, even with my one addition. If it isn't, feel free to edit this answer and just link to the solution.

Scott Severance, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device

1. i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device - Similar Threads - unable set pin

2. I am unable to set up the VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to set up the VPN: Hello I am connecting my user to the domain but for the I need to connect the VPN. But the VPN option is not showing at the time of login which used to be. So whenever I am trying to login in using the domain username and password it's showing the domain isn't ready. So what...
  3. I am unable to set up the VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to set up the VPN: Hello I am connecting my user to the domain but for the I need to connect the VPN. But the VPN option is not showing at the time of login which used to be. So whenever I am trying to login in using the domain username and password it's showing the domain isn't ready. So what...
  4. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set up a pin: When reinstalling Windows 10, I mistakenly used my gmail account as my user account instead of my @live.com account. Now whenever i try to set up a pin for windows, it tells me I'm unable to do it and to go to accounts.live.com on the browser. Please help me in getting to...
  5. Unable to set up a pin

Unable to set up a pin: When reinstalling Windows 10, I mistakenly used my gmail account as my user account instead of my @live.com account. Now whenever i try to set up a pin for windows, it tells me I'm unable to do it and to go to accounts.live.com on the browser. Please help me in getting to...
  6. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to set up a pin for a user account on my device: I changed the main email address that was connected to my account and when I turned off my device and re-opened it the device said to enter my pin. so i entered my pin and it said I needed to set up a new pin and when I followed the instructions it gave me it ended with an...
  8. I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up: I downloaded minecraftlauncher, which asked me to sign in to microsoft store to proceed. When I try to sign in, it asks me for my password as usual, which I enter, but then it asks for windows hello PIN, which I don't have. I select "forgot pin" and it tells me to reset from...
  9. I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up: I downloaded minecraftlauncher, which asked me to sign in to microsoft store to proceed. When I try to sign in, it asks me for my password as usual, which I enter, but then it asks for windows hello PIN, which I don't have. I select "forgot pin" and it tells me to reset from...
  10. I am asked for a windows hello PIN that I do not and am unable to set up