Windows 10: I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files

Discus and support I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is the defrag that I getA volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume Windows-SSD C:. This event log entry details information about the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FilipLobpreis, Feb 25, 2022.

1. I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files

This is the defrag that I getA volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume Windows-SSD C:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last unmovable file appears to be: \ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Updfiles\nod13AD.dll.nup::$DATA - The last cluster&

:)

FilipLobpreis, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Eliecher Win User

Volume not shrinking due to an unmovable file

My laptop has 512GB SSD.

I want to shrink my C: drive. It has over 300GB free but I can only shrink upto 91,508 MB .

I have disabled system restore, hibernation and stopped page files from being created.

I checked the Application logs to see which file caused defrag problem.

I found the following message:

A volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume OS (CI am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files :). This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes.

Diagnostic details:

- The last unmovable file appears to be: \$BitMap::$DATA

- The last cluster of the file is: 0x60a7b18

- Shrink potential target (LCN address): 0x21454a5

- The NTFS file flags are: -S--D

- Shrink phase: <analysis>

To find more details about this file please use the "fsutil volume querycluster \\?\Volume{62147c07-bba4-4973-a1f1-cd242309a4ec} 0x60a7b18" command.

I don't know where to find \$BitMAp::$DATA so that I can try to move it if not delete.

Please tell me what to do to get atleast 170Gb out of C: Drive.

Eliecher, Feb 25, 2022
  3. unmovable files while shrinking

hi

im trying to shrink my c drive but because of unmovable files i cant shrink beyond 6GB i have already disabled page files, hibernation and system restore and did the cleanup but still i cant go beyond 6GB.thank you.

kianosharian, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files

unmovable files while shrinking

Hi kianosharian

have you also turned off fast startup, which also uses hiberfif.sys?

have you restarted (not shutdown) since you disabled these items?

due to the limitations of windows disk management, i would suggest using a third party app such as AOMEI partition assistant (others are available), that will cope with the unmovable files

https://www.aomeitech.com/aomei-partition-assis...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files

1. I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files - Similar Threads - unable shrink partition

2. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  3. Shrink D Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrink D Partition: Hello, I am facing a problem with C disk. It has not enough space for my applications and I want to get some GB from D partition which it contains Page files and it is a Basic Data Partition. I have read many articles on the internet for this subject. A possible solution is...
  4. Server 2019 - Cannot shrink a volume beyond the point where unmovable files are located

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2019 - Cannot shrink a volume beyond the point where unmovable files are located: Apparently the steps for disabling System Protection are not valid on Server 2019. I have performed the first two steps successfully, but method 3 does not work on 2019. Is there a way to disable System Protection so I can successfully shrink my C drive beyond 50%..?? I still...
  5. Server 2019 - Cannot shrink a volume beyond the point where unmovable files are located

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server 2019 - Cannot shrink a volume beyond the point where unmovable files are located: Apparently the steps for disabling System Protection are not valid on Server 2019. I have performed the first two steps successfully, but method 3 does not work on 2019. Is there a way to disable System Protection so I can successfully shrink my C drive beyond 50%..?? I still...
  6. I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to shrink partition due to Eset unmovable files: This is the defrag that I getA volume shrink analysis was initiated on volume Windows-SSD C:. This event log entry details information about the last unmovable file that could limit the maximum number of reclaimable bytes. Diagnostic details: - The last unmovable file...
  7. Unable to shrink a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to shrink a partition: I have a new SSD and am trying to install Windows Home from a USB drive. I can see in Disk Management several partitions that Windows created, but Windows fails to install due to error 0x8007025D. One suggestion from Microsoft is to reduce the partition to 125GB currently...
  8. Volume not shrinking due to an unmovable file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Volume not shrinking due to an unmovable file: My laptop has 512GB SSD. I want to shrink my C: drive. It has over 300GB free but I can only shrink upto 91,508 MB . I have disabled system restore, hibernation and stopped page files from being created. I checked the Application logs to see which file caused defrag...
  9. unmovable files while shrinking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unmovable files while shrinking: hi im trying to shrink my c drive but because of unmovable files i cant shrink beyond 6GB i have already disabled page files, hibernation and system restore and did the cleanup but still i cant go beyond 6GB.thank you....
  10. ESET NOD32 v10 due soon.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ESET NOD32 v10 due soon.: I got an email from ESET tonight giving news that version 10 of all the ESET apps would be released by the end of the month. I've been using the beta releases of version 10 for the last five months and they have all performed excellently. Well worth a try when the final is...