Windows 10: I am unable to shut down my computer.

Discus and support I am unable to shut down my computer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shashank Kumar2, Feb 26, 2024.

1. I am unable to shut down my computer.

On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There also trouble shoot problem I thinks that is the main problem. on trying to shut down my computer using windows power button it shows There are no power options available.

:)

Shashank Kumar2, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Feb 26, 2024
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Feb 26, 2024
  4. I am unable to shut down my computer.

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

I am unable to shut down my computer.

1. I am unable to shut down my computer. - Similar Threads - unable shut down

2. I am unable to shut down my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to shut down my computer.: On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There also trouble shoot problem I thinks that is the main problem. on trying to shut down my computer using windows power button...
  3. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  4. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  5. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer Unable to Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Unable to Shutting Down: I can't turn off my laptop. Even though I have used windows that are up to date and checked my security device, the results are fine. Please guide and help for my problem, thank you. Here what I have been doing for trying to turn off my laptop: 1. Disable turn off fast start...
  7. My computer shuts down whenever I am playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down whenever I am playing a game.: Every time I play a game my computer shuts down, with no warning or anything. I get 2 error messages, Event ID 56: "The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local...
  8. Unable to shut down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to shut down computer: I have a Surface Book 2, new as of January, running Windows 10. When I try to shut down using Start > Power > Shut down , the computer appears to shut down - I get the normal blue screen with "shutting down", it offers to close running programs and looks like it turns off,...
  9. Shut down my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down my computer: Where is "Close down my computer"? I can`t find where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-my-computer/32ec328c-f29b-44ab-82d1-702dd4a2e766
  10. Unable to shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to shut down.: My laptop pc with Windows 10 Pro has decided that when given the order to shut down it will do so, but then after 5 seconds or perhaps up to 15 minutes later it will reboot. Something is telling it to restart. What??? I have already done this to try to stop it: In the...