Windows 10: I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

Discus and support I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns” in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Whovian1156, Feb 21, 2024.

1. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have anything to do with it?

:)

Whovian1156, Feb 21, 2024

2. Unable to boot windows due to missing or corrupt files

Hi Callum,

There are several reasons why your PC isn't booting properly. One of which is because of broken boot data configuration components. To isolate the issue, we highly suggest you to boot your PC in Safe Mode. Given that you cannot access the setup screen, please
    follow these steps:

Do the improper shutdown process:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the computer. Do this thrice.
    • At the 4th boot, simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment window to appear.

After doing the improper shutdown process, please follow these steps:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options then, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once the PC has restarted, press the F4 key to boot in Safe Mode.

Let us know if the resolution worked for you.

Katrina Men, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to sign into Windows

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error you get while trying to sign in?
    2. When you say ‘0000’, are you referring to a PIN?
    3. Is it a local or Microsoft account, you use with Windows sign in?
    4. Do you see any other sign in options like password, fingerprint or facial recognition?
    5. Do you see any options on screen to reset your password?

If you are using the Microsoft account with Windows sign in, choose password option under sign in options and type in the Microsoft account password and let us know if it works.

Please get back to us with the information requested, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 21, 2024
  4. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

Wont shutdown 100%

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to some broken system file components. To help you on this, we suggest that you reset and restore all default power plans to its default settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

1. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns” - Similar Threads - unable sign due

2. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  3. I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to sign in due to “Multiple Shutdowns”: So my Laptop has worked fine until about 2 days ago, where I put my Password in to discover that I need to leave my laptop on for 2 hours just because there were multiple shutdowns.Now my laptop’s lead isn’t working, so it’s permanently at 0% Plugged in, does that have...
  4. The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns"

The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns": I have waited for 2 hours in that case and signed it successfully. However, this problem appears every time I turn on my laptop. So to use my laptop I have to wait for 2 hours every time. What should I do? I've been calling to support for an hour and didn't receive reply....
  5. The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sign in option is disabled due to repeated shutdowns": I have waited for 2 hours in that case and signed it successfully. However, this problem appears every time I turn on my laptop. So to use my laptop I have to wait for 2 hours every time. What should I do? I've been calling to support for an hour and didn't receive reply....
  6. I am unable to sign it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign it.: I am being signed out without me doing anything. Afterwards it keeps saying that "trying to sign in" and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-it/7d18f86c-d8db-4c2c-9bf2-f01a7a6500e1
  7. I am unable to sign it.

I am unable to sign it.: I am being signed out without me doing anything. Afterwards it keeps saying that "trying to sign in" and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-it/7d18f86c-d8db-4c2c-9bf2-f01a7a6500e1
  8. Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?: I am facing the issue in signin it says it is disabled due failed attempts and shutdowns . I have tried the forget pin method but stills it's not working help needed ASAP. Please if anyone knows how to solve let me know...
  9. Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?: I am facing the issue in signin it says it is disabled due failed attempts and shutdowns . I have tried the forget pin method but stills it's not working help needed ASAP. Please if anyone knows how to solve let me know...
  10. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....