Windows 10: I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it...

Discus and support I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the Windows Surface 2 and after setting it up I switched on my laptop the next day and have been asked to enter a password.I did not set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lizzay A, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Lizzay A Win User

I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it...

I have the Windows Surface 2 and after setting it up I switched on my laptop the next day and have been asked to enter a password.I did not set up a password for my laptop.The sign in screen gives me two user sign-in options.1st is my name and underneath it says password.2nd is other user : enter email address and and password. Directly underneath it says enter work or school account

:)

Lizzay A, Feb 23, 2024

2. Unable to sign in to my account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, in order to get more clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps please reply with the answer to the below question:

1. Which accounts are you unable to sign in to?
    2. What happens when you try to sign in to your account?
    3. Are you seeing any error messages when you try to sign in to your PC?

If you are referring to the Microsoft account and if your Microsoft account has been compromised, it means that someone might be using your account to access your personal info or send spam. I suggest use the following guide to
    get back into your account, review your personal info and settings, and help prevent this from happening again. Refer the article on

How to access a compromised Microsoft account
    and try to reset your password. If the issue still persists you can follow the remaining steps mentioned in the article and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Rose W Win User

I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it...

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

1. I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it... - Similar Threads - unable sign account

2. I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to sign into my account. I have a only just gotten the laptop and as I set it...: I have the Windows Surface 2 and after setting it up I switched on my laptop the next day and have been asked to enter a password.I did not set up a password for my laptop.The sign in screen gives me two user sign-in options.1st is my name and underneath it says password.2nd...
  3. I am unable to sign in my windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in my windows account.: I recently reset my system and after that I am not able to sign into Microsoft account. I restarted, shut down my computer but nothing worked out. It shows "Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."Need help to resolve this...
  4. I am unable to sign in my windows account.

I am unable to sign in my windows account.: I recently reset my system and after that I am not able to sign into Microsoft account. I restarted, shut down my computer but nothing worked out. It shows "Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."Need help to resolve this...
  5. I am unable to sign into my laptop, "sign in failed".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign into my laptop, "sign in failed".: I believe my laptop has been hacked for some time now I'm just too stubborn to ask for help until now. I can no longer open my laptop to access Windows. I am now able to access the command prompt but just don't know what to do from there. I have been trying to factory reset...
  6. I am unable to sign into my laptop, "sign in failed".

I am unable to sign into my laptop, "sign in failed".: I believe my laptop has been hacked for some time now I'm just too stubborn to ask for help until now. I can no longer open my laptop to access Windows. I am now able to access the command prompt but just don't know what to do from there. I have been trying to factory reset...
  7. I am unable to sign it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign it.: I am being signed out without me doing anything. Afterwards it keeps saying that "trying to sign in" and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-it/7d18f86c-d8db-4c2c-9bf2-f01a7a6500e1
  8. I am unable to sign it.

I am unable to sign it.: I am being signed out without me doing anything. Afterwards it keeps saying that "trying to sign in" and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-it/7d18f86c-d8db-4c2c-9bf2-f01a7a6500e1
  9. I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...

I want to sign into my laptop with a different Microsoft account that I have. I have signed...: Cannot attach screenshot without violating my anonymity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-sign-into-my-laptop-with-a-different/47fe8666-d142-4ead-b46a-d7b9c4d271b8
  10. I think I might have gotten phished but am not sure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think I might have gotten phished but am not sure: Hello! Yesterday I received a weird email asking me to confirm my address, but I didn't pay it much attention, so I just clicked on the link, did the job and I was out. It did seem like it was the actual Microsoft website, but I do want to me 100% sure. I will attach a pic...