Windows 10: I am unable to start my computer

Discus and support I am unable to start my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! As the title suggests I am unable to start my computer.Automatic repair fails. Can't get into safe mode. Don't have a recovery image. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SarthakSambharia, Sep 17, 2020.

1. I am unable to start my computer

Hi! As the title suggests I am unable to start my computer.Automatic repair fails. Can't get into safe mode. Don't have a recovery image. Can't uninstall any feature or quality updates. I've got a Windows 10 CD but unable to repair or do a clean install as I can't start the computer in safe mode. What do I do?

:)

SarthakSambharia, Sep 17, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to personalize tiles in Start menu Windows 10

Hi Slobodan,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which is the build installed in your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Are you facing this issue in Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

Go to Start and then
    Settings.

Click on Update and Recovery.

Check for updates under
    Windows Updates.

Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the steps to know the latest build in your computer.

• Click on Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on System and select About.
    You may also refer the link suggested by Ramesh Srinivasan on February 20, 2016
    and follow the steps suggested.

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Do let us know if you are still unable to personalize start menu. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 17, 2020
  4. I am unable to start my computer

Unable to turn off Fast Start on Samsung computer

I followed the first few steps; ADWCleaner didn't find anything. JRT deleted a couple of tasks and extensions, but nothing related to Fast Start or anything that looks like actual malware. My problem persists!

I don't see any programs listed named Fast Start, or anything else out of place.

I looked up this problem on Microsoft's forums too, and someone mentioned to run (on Admin Command prompt) >sfc/scannow. This is the result:

I am unable to start my computer [​IMG]

The problem remains.

Any other ideas? Thanks again, everyone, for the help.

whereismyputer, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

I am unable to start my computer

1. I am unable to start my computer - Similar Threads - unable start computer

2. I am unable to shut down my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to shut down my computer.: On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There also trouble shoot problem I thinks that is the main problem. on trying to shut down my computer using windows power button...
  3. I am unable to shut down my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to shut down my computer.: On Pressing Alt + F4 it shows This action has been cancelled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer please contact system administrator.. There also trouble shoot problem I thinks that is the main problem. on trying to shut down my computer using windows power button...
  4. I am unable to sign in to my home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in to my home computer: I cannot sign in to my home computer. I have done everything. I even changed the Password. It still will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-in-to-my-home-computer/55bc8126-1d03-4bfd-9570-05a3dfc113ab
  5. I am unable to sign in to my home computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to sign in to my home computer: I cannot sign in to my home computer. I have done everything. I even changed the Password. It still will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-in-to-my-home-computer/55bc8126-1d03-4bfd-9570-05a3dfc113ab
  6. There was an update this am and now my computer will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was an update this am and now my computer will not start: Repairing Automatic RepairDiagnosing your pcAutomatic RepairYour pc did not start correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-an-update-this-am-and-now-my-computer/b7f43ad8-b6ee-4e65-8317-8a6656e4db8e
  7. I am unable to run 'Start' or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to run 'Start' or settings: This thing happen when I tried to open settings by RUN or CMD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-run-start-or-settings/9522f4a4-af28-4406-b51e-8ad201d1db38
  8. I am unable to start Windows Defender on my system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to start Windows Defender on my system: [ATTACH] When I try to turn on the Windows Defender, I am getting this error response [ATTACH] And also all processes to enable or disable service is not available....
  9. I am unable to start my Windows Defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to start my Windows Defender.: I am a windows 8.1 user and I am unable to start my Windows Defender. It says it was switched of by Group policy. So I opened the Group Policy Folder and it was empty. I tried almost all the methods available on Internet but none of them worked. Please help....
  10. After a update i am unable to Started my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a update i am unable to Started my windows 10: Hello, My name is Pritpal singh , i am using ASUS vivobook X510U , and after a last update of windows 10 i am unable to start windows , my laptop is repeatedly restarting with a message of "ATTEMPTING TO RECOVER INSTALLATION" AND "UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER"...