Windows 10: I am unable to sync Microsoft Calendar on the desktop and laptop

Discus and support I am unable to sync Microsoft Calendar on the desktop and laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My email client is Microsoft Mail. I also use Calendar but the issue I am facing is that I cannot sync calendars between my laptop and desktop. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Patters, Apr 9, 2019.

1. I am unable to sync Microsoft Calendar on the desktop and laptop

My email client is Microsoft Mail. I also use Calendar but the issue I am facing is that I cannot sync calendars between my laptop and desktop. When I set the date of appointment on my desktop calendar, I cannot see it on the laptop calendar

:)

John Patters, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

MICROSOFT CALENDAR NOT SYNCING

Hi Andre,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

• Have you tried all the troubleshooting methods in the article which was given?

You may want to disable any third party security software if installed and check the status. If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps listed below to sync calendar events across devices.

Disable and re-enable Calendar syncing:

• Search for the Calendar app from the Start menu and open it.
    • Click on the Settings gear icon at the lower right corner on the left pane of the
      Calendar app.
    • Click on Manage Accounts and choose the
      account to be synced.
    • Choose Change Mailbox Sync settings and toggle
      off Calendar.
    • Toggle On Calendar again, and save the changes.
    • Exit Calendar app.

Note: It might take some time for the events to sync. Give it some time and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 9, 2019
  3. calendar sync?

IT might be helpful if you describe the steps you're taking to try and sync the calendars. I'm not sure where eMail might come into the picture.

Also describe your goal as clearly as possible. you're trying to sync a calendar on the iPhone with the Calendar App on Win10, not a calendar in an eMail client?

ical seems to be the canonical calendar format for apple - not sure - just a guess.

Slartybart, Apr 9, 2019
  4. I am unable to sync Microsoft Calendar on the desktop and laptop

Unable to sync calendars on my computers.

I've searched and googled this until I'm blue in the face but all I ever get is how to switch sync on in the settings, which is already done.
    I have one Windows 7 computer (it refuses to upgrade to Windows 10 and sticks at 92% every time) and three Windows 10 computers (all upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1).

I use calendar in Office online on the Windows 7 computer and the Calendar that came with 10 on the others. At first they synced without problem but soon this stopped. Now they either do not sync (it doesn't matter which of the computers I put the appointment/event in) or they suddenly sync after a couple of days. All of the computers sign in with my Microsoft account so they should be synced anyway.

The only other thing is that when I open the calendar (especially on the Windows 7 pc) the following message appears for about 7 seconds in a dark blue box in the top right of the calendar:
    "Unknown message type signal/force/abchsync" The Skype logo is also in this box and if I click on it a mini-Skype opens up to the right of the calendar with this error message shown as a Skype message. This happens whether or not Skype is loaded on any of the computers.
    I've search high and low but can find no explanation of this message anywhere.

Can anyone please explain what this message means and where it comes from (What's Skype got to do with it!!!) and/or suggest any ways I might get the calendars to sync.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Puzzled John, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to sync Microsoft Calendar on the desktop and laptop

1. I am unable to sync Microsoft Calendar on the desktop and laptop - Similar Threads - unable sync Microsoft

2. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  3. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  4. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  6. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  7. I am Syncing Microsoft and Google Calendar sucessfully for calender events, but not for...

I am Syncing Microsoft and Google Calendar sucessfully for calender events, but not for...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-syncing-microsoft-and-google-calendar/3a516058-dc4f-4fc6-aff0-f6b0d51ca789 Hello, I have exactly the same problem as person who wrote earlier to you in link above. In this thread last answer from your team is:...
  8. Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.

Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.: For some reason, my calendar stopped syncing with my google calendar. I had received a message to "fix" my Microsoft account. I did that and my calendar is no longer syncing. Mail is working fine. I have the calendar set up with my google account. Any suggestions on what I...
  9. MICROSOFT CALENDAR NOT SYNCING

MICROSOFT CALENDAR NOT SYNCING: I have been using Microsoft Mail as my default email client. At the same time, I use the calendar that is part of that program. The problem is getting the calendars to sync between my laptop and my desktop. If I enter an appointment on my desktop calendar, it does not show...
  10. Unable to sync calendars on my computers.

Unable to sync calendars on my computers.: I've searched and googled this until I'm blue in the face but all I ever get is how to switch sync on in the settings, which is already done. I have one Windows 7 computer (it refuses to upgrade to Windows 10 and sticks at 92% every time) and three Windows 10 computers (all...