Windows 10: I am unable to type in settings or search bar. Laptop is getting very slow and laggy even...

Discus and support I am unable to type in settings or search bar. Laptop is getting very slow and laggy even... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; These problems started happening sometime in the last month only. I've tried all 5-6 methods they told on youtube but none of them could enable me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/torpidtrotter, Jan 27, 2021.

1. I am unable to type in settings or search bar. Laptop is getting very slow and laggy even...

These problems started happening sometime in the last month only. I've tried all 5-6 methods they told on youtube but none of them could enable me to type in search and settings. Also one day the left column of the file explorer suddenly looked empty and now I have to click on the arrow on the top bar, expand it and then click where I want to go. Also the right click on the icons on taskbar doesn't open the window from where I could choose my recently opened files in desktop. It's same for all the other icons in the taskbar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/torpidtrotter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/torpidtrotter, Jan 27, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jan 27, 2021
  3. US International keyboard not in list; Can't type in Windows search or settings bars

Hello everyone,

I have Windows 10 on a new Lenovo laptop (about 1 month old). Recently I was trying to re-install the US international keyboard which had disappeared unexpectedly one day, both from the taskbar and all of the lists of keyboard options in the various Settings
    windows. I still can't find it.

During this process I became unable to type in the Cortana search bar and all of the windows settings windows. I searched for help online and found the suggestions to type the commands into PowerShell via the command prompt and Task manager. I executed both
    successfully (got green messages in both windows), but this has not solved the problem. I also switched to a Microsoft account and back to a local account to log in, still no success.

Now I cannot type international characters on my computer, cannot type in any Windows search bar, and have exhausted all the options I have found online. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Brent.

BrentAnnable, Jan 27, 2021
  4. I am unable to type in settings or search bar. Laptop is getting very slow and laggy even...

Unable to access windows settings or the search bar

When i try to access the settings menu or use the search bar, i am unable to access either of them. Any suggestions?

ThomasWood7, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

I am unable to type in settings or search bar. Laptop is getting very slow and laggy even...

1. I am unable to type in settings or search bar. Laptop is getting very slow and laggy even... - Similar Threads - unable type settings

2. I am unable to type in the search boxes on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to type in the search boxes on Windows: Please help me! I used a batch file to optimize Windows, and now I can't type in the search boxes. I've tried searching for the files again, and I found these registry entries: reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d...
  3. I am unable to type in the search boxes on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to type in the search boxes on Windows: Please help me! I used a batch file to optimize Windows, and now I can't type in the search boxes. I've tried searching for the files again, and I found these registry entries: reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d...
  4. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  5. Unable to type in windows search bar

Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  6. I am now unable to type in the search box.

I am now unable to type in the search box.: I am now unable to type in the search box. i have tried various solutions copying ctfmon into startup . switching search on and off. rebuilding search index.with no luck.This has only happened in the last few days...
  7. I can't type in search bar and I can't get into setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't type in search bar and I can't get into setting: When I tried to search bar get Localbridge.exe bad image so I go to setting. It only appear blue screen with white gear which I click another program it disappeared Window os 18363...
  8. Unable to type in search bar and notes

Unable to type in search bar and notes: High guys ive recently encountered a lot of issues with my PC where im unable to type in search bars throughout all of windows, and applications such as notepad. I ran a windows app diagnostics tool which fixed an issue with the user access control UAC or something like that...
  9. Unable to type into Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to type into Search Bar: Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it. submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f26d6q/unable_to_type_into_search_bar/
  10. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...