Windows 10: I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

Discus and support I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jain George, Nov 24, 2021.

1. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise.

:)

Jain George, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Gtr-Stosh Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition.

I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but is what it is.

I had attempted a previous suggestion to upgrade using a standard PRO key first which I did, but it wouldn't activiate and complained not valid. Took a bit to get back to it and Windows complaining about needing activation . So I tried entering our company
    Enterprise key again and voila, it now says Windows 10 Enterprise? Is it possible even though it wouldn't activate, the edition was recognized as PRO so the Enterpise key was then accepted?

My primary question: Will just rebooting give me the full Enterprise functionality or do I need to run any upgrade steps or install steps? I am attempting to avoid a full system reinstall and full applications reinstalls and configuration if I can.

GTR

Gtr-Stosh, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition

Thank you Jayson

The problem is that I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro electronic upgrade from the Windows Anytime upgrade and after the download was finished they had downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. So the key for Pro will not work with Enterprise Edition.

So, I had a Win 10 Pro install disc and reinstalled Win 10 Pro, problem is it loaded it onto the Optane hdd accelerator chip. Now I cannot get to my hdd, Any suggestions.

Paul

Paul R Perry, Nov 24, 2021
  4. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

What is CURRENT Version of Windows 10 Enterprise Volume ?

From my My Visual Studio Enterprise subscription. I use MAK keys to activate Enterprise.

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019)

• Info

Windows 10 (business editions), version 1903 (updated July 2019) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    *Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    *Windows 10 Pro N for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

*Windows 10 Pro, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate that edition.

Released: 7/16/2019
    SHA256: 7836E1F9C293BA63976A18DC20D7C589080E538102853E844C5BBDB527306554
    File name: en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1903_updated_july_2019_x64_dvd_97049592.iso

alphanumeric, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

1. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise - Similar Threads - unable upgrade edition

2. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise: I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-upgrade-the-edition-of-windows-10/d7bdc1f8-efbb-4a8f-ae0c-a348d579342b
  3. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise: I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-upgrade-the-edition-of-windows-10/ae88db62-7bfd-4491-a694-23b92648966e
  4. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise: I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-upgrade-the-edition-of-windows-10/d7bdc1f8-efbb-4a8f-ae0c-a348d579342b
  5. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise: I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-upgrade-the-edition-of-windows-10/ae88db62-7bfd-4491-a694-23b92648966e
  6. I am unable to upgrade the edition of windows 10 from business to enterprise

7. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Education edition but the...

I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Education edition but the...: My PC is currently running on Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a key for Windows 10 Education Edition. When I enter the key in the "Change product key" area of the activation settings I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and...
  8. Unable to upgrade from 1703 to 1709 Windows 10 Pro/Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade from 1703 to 1709 Windows 10 Pro/Business: Hi, I've two Dell Optiplex 3050 desktop machines that absolutely refuse to upgrade and it has reached the point where I'm out of things to try (and have wasted many weeks troubleshooting already!) Obviously this is a big issue with the HUGE download happening over, and...
  9. Windows Business Enterprise Upgrade application compatibility

Windows Business Enterprise Upgrade application compatibility: Hello, Beginning new corporate migration from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise for 2,500 machines. Are there any published list of COTS package compatibility issues? Generally have people experienced high number of issues? I realize this is a very general question but...
  10. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition: The Windows 10 Update Assistant says: [img] The current OS on the target machine is Windows 10 Enterprise v 1511. I've got access to the Anniversary Update iso but before I try installing it I wondered if anyone else has run the gauntlet. Thanks, Simon 60713