Windows 10: I am unable to use recovery options like Startup repair , safe boot etc.

Discus and support I am unable to use recovery options like Startup repair , safe boot etc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i go to recovery mode and start a startup repair it is showing Error code : 0xc000185 You'll need to use recovery tools. What should I do in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NishithShowri, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I am unable to use recovery options like Startup repair , safe boot etc.

When i go to recovery mode and start a startup repair it is showing

Error code : 0xc000185

You'll need to use recovery tools.

What should I do in order to solve this problem.

:)

NishithShowri, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 startup error

Hi,

To resolve this issue, let's use Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment. After three failed boot attempts, Windows goes into recovery mode. It is a blue-colored screen with a title
    Choose an Option. To repair, follow the steps below:

• Use the power button to restart your computer three times. This will start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Repair.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.
    To start in safe mode, follow the steps below:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 22, 2019
  4. I am unable to use recovery options like Startup repair , safe boot etc.

startup repair failed after update window10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system after installing the updates. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue still persists, try the below troubleshooting steps as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic/startup repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform automatic/startup repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1: Download
    Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

I am unable to use recovery options like Startup repair , safe boot etc.

1. I am unable to use recovery options like Startup repair , safe boot etc. - Similar Threads - unable recovery options

2. Startup options, Use a Device option missing in recovery mode of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup options, Use a Device option missing in recovery mode of windows 11: After a clean install of windows 11 some of the options in recovery mode are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-options-use-a-device-option-missing-in/a1cc42af-2aa5-46d5-9232-cf16dd86d940
  3. Startup options, Use a Device option missing in recovery mode of windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup options, Use a Device option missing in recovery mode of windows 11: After a clean install of windows 11 some of the options in recovery mode are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-options-use-a-device-option-missing-in/a1cc42af-2aa5-46d5-9232-cf16dd86d940
  4. Master boot recovery repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Master boot recovery repair: I tried going back to windows 10 32bit reformat and I tried booting flash drive and got this message ‍ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/master-boot-recovery-repair/f92f9251-d2e2-4229-95e9-44a1cd3174cc
  5. Safe Boot option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Boot option: Accidentally I pressed something in a menu where we can select Safe Boot option. Now, the command prompt keeps booting. I want the normal booting back. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-boot-option/6533ad9f-8598-4bde-89e1-616f7f42c7a5
  6. Unable to start windows, repair & recovery options don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to start windows, repair & recovery options don't work: The computer is not starting anymore. It is my children computer and I am not sure what caused it. How can I boot the windows 10 in safe mode? I get error code 0xc000007b. How can I fix it. Thanks for the help. Blaise...
  7. If I am going to create a new recovery drive using recovery media creator, is it safe to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I am going to create a new recovery drive using recovery media creator, is it safe to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/admnsckgywebcuntdali [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f034ix/if_i_am_going_to_create_a_new_recovery_drive/
  8. Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe...: Ok well heres my problem. My ram was faulty and my pc BSOD during a video card driver installation. I know this is the issue so all I need to do is get into safe mode to reinstall. I cannot turn off automatic system restore. I cannot enter safe mode because it infinitely...
  9. Windows 10 update and now no boot/USB startup/safe mode etc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update and now no boot/USB startup/safe mode etc: After an automatic Windows 10 update I turned my stationary PC on, but it got stuck with the first HP log screen (shows besides HP logo "v7.13" and a text "Press ESC key for startup menu"). I tried to turn the PC off/on some times with no luck. Then I tried to create a...
  10. No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    No advanced Startup Options (Safe Mode): Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I could really use some help. I am in the process of reinstalling my system. I am running a newly installed 10x64 pro. Part of that requires I install Dragon Naturally Speaking. However, I cannot do that; I get a 1303 error during...