Windows 10: I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all?

Discus and support I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently updating my drivers manually via DriverEasy. Some of the drivers I need to update have the same name, so should I be updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackieniu1, Jul 19, 2020.

1. I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all?

Hello,

I am currently updating my drivers manually via DriverEasy. Some of the drivers I need to update have the same name, so should I be updating all of them, or just one out of them? I provided a screenshot example below.

Thanks!

I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all? 1cb12e05-d790-4d84-a2ca-9f2bdfe8c2aa?upload=true.jpg

:)

jackieniu1, Jul 19, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Wartz Win User

I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all?

Updating graphics drivers (8600m gt)

I have never had an nvidia card (not through fanboyism, just ATI happened to have the best bang for buck cards when I decided to upgrade-each time because I couldn't play a specific game-9800pro > x1950pro > HD4870.

Sooo, I am new to the whole nvidia card business. What should I look out for when I update my mobile drivers?

I downloaded an nvidia beta driver from nvidia.com called 179.48_notebook_winxp_32bit_beta.exe.

Here are the steps I think I need to take.
    Uninstall NVIDIA drivers
    Uninstall NVIDIA PhysX
    run drivercleaner
    Install the above named driver.

Wartz, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all?

1. I am updating my drivers. Some drivers have the same name, should I update them all? - Similar Threads - updating drivers drivers

2. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  3. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  4. Should i update my drivers???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i update my drivers???: Should I update my drivers? I have updates in the optional updates saying there are updates for drivers sooo should I update it or keep it like that only. it says:-"if you have a specific problem one of these drivers might help. otherwise automatic updates will keep your...
  5. Which software should I use to update my all drivers automatically ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which software should I use to update my all drivers automatically ?: Hey I have a HP laptop ! Special Thanks! submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joi2zi/which_software_should_i_use_to_update_my_all/
  6. I cannot update some drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot update some drivers: Hi there, I run McAfee on my P.C. and it fails to update 5 or 6 drivers on scheduled updates. When I go into settings to update manually I get the message: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. I have tried my best to find which fixes are missing to...
  7. Should I Update Drivers for my chipset & motherboard

Should I Update Drivers for my chipset & motherboard: I had a computer made for me in 2017. Should I try to update the drivers for my motherboard or chipset? I'm not experiencing any problems that I'm aware of, but have heard that you should keep your drivers up to date. Under System Information, I get this: [img] Pursuant...
  8. Should I update driver or not?

Should I update driver or not?: In Device Manager under Network Adapter I have the Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller. The date of the driver is 9/4/2015 so it is quite an old driver but it states that "this device is working properly" and I'm having absolutely no issues or problems with it at all. Its a...
  9. Are all of my drivers updated??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are all of my drivers updated??: [ATTACH] Are all of my drivers updated?? I tried to updated the marked ones manually. It didn't work.I then tried to update using iobit driver booster. It also didn't work....
  10. Should i update my BIOS Drivers?

Should i update my BIOS Drivers?: Should I update my BIOS Drivers? Actually, it takes a minute for the PC to boot... The boot time is extremely slow. That's why I'm thinking of updating my BIOS Drivers. Thanks *Smile Specs: Motherboard: MSI 880GMS - E41(FX) CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: PowerColor Devil R9 270x...