Windows 10: i am using multiple displays, and when one of them is turned off, the remaining one jumps...

Discus and support i am using multiple displays, and when one of them is turned off, the remaining one jumps... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok. i have lenovo all-in-one b50-30 as my computer. to it's left, is lg lcd tv. to it's right is sony bravia. lg is display 2, sony is display 3. but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by russelldavid, Mar 3, 2019.

1. i am using multiple displays, and when one of them is turned off, the remaining one jumps...

ok. i have lenovo all-in-one b50-30 as my computer. to it's left, is lg lcd tv. to it's right is sony bravia. lg is display 2, sony is display 3. but when i turn off the lg tv, the sony becomes display 2, and is mapped to the left of my main monitor. so when i want to drag something, i have to circle the mouse around to accomplish that.

i used to have it set up differently, with display 3 in between displays 1 and 2. so it's possible it has always done this, i just didn't realize cause it wouldn't be noticable unless looked at the display screen.

so is there a way to fix it so when display 2 goes off, i still have display 1 and 3 numbered thusly? and i can't just 'switch displays 2 and 3' cause half the time i used each of them.

thanks

:)

russelldavid, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Rohit R Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

I never liked jump lists. I would prefer to navigate to the folder.

When I turn off jump lists, the setting seems like like it takes the jump lists off all the apps.

As soon as I open any folder, it starts to repopulate the jump list on the explorer. After I open any folder it gets onto the recent list, and it works fine as a recent list, but I turned off that feature. When I go back to the setting, it shows that jump
    lists are off, but still shows the recently opened folders/files when I right click on the explorer app. Toggling the setting resets the recent list but it repopulates the list as soon as I start to access any folders or files.

Can someone please tell me how to turn off jump lists so it actually stops displaying recent folders/files?

Rohit R, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

i am using multiple displays, and when one of them is turned off, the remaining one jumps...

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

i am using multiple displays, and when one of them is turned off, the remaining one jumps...

1. i am using multiple displays, and when one of them is turned off, the remaining one jumps... - Similar Threads - using multiple displays

2. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  3. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  4. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I need to turn off one drive immediately I have read multiple instructions but i am not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to turn off one drive immediately I have read multiple instructions but i am not...: I need to turn off one drive immediately I have read multiple instructions but i am not getting the options they say I should see how do I stop my docs saving to one drive?...
  6. I need to turn off one drive immediately I have read multiple instructions but i am not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to turn off one drive immediately I have read multiple instructions but i am not...: I need to turn off one drive immediately I have read multiple instructions but i am not getting the options they say I should see how do I stop my docs saving to one drive?...
  7. Connect 3 displays, but one of them turns off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect 3 displays, but one of them turns off.: Please help . I currently have a Dell Inspiron 3520 laptop. I bought a tv which connects to the laptop via VGA. Both screens work exactly as expected. So I bought another tv. This one connects via HDMI. The laptop has both VGA and HDMI ports. I disconnected the first tv and...
  8. Multiple monitors screwing up when I turn one display off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple monitors screwing up when I turn one display off: I have a 3 monitor setup, I keep having a problem where I will setup my backgrounds for the monitors but when I turn one off the images will shift instead of being dedicated to just one monitor. I have used display fusion, and a couple others but they all have the same issue....
  9. How can I turn off one specific display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off one specific display?: I have a laptop hooked up to multiple displays and I want to turn off my laptops screen while using the other two screens, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that. submitted by /u/MemeySteamy [link] [comments]...
  10. Turning One Drive Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning One Drive Off: How do I turn OneDrive off? When I download things onto my computer I want them on this PC not on One Drive. A whole bunch of things are stuck in "sync pending" and I don't understand where they are syncing to or why. I need them on this PC, they're not avalible for whatever...