Windows 10: I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive...

Discus and support I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since I am using additional security measures/features. When I put my new hard drive in (fresh install) should there be anything else I do? Or do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonySchwartz317, Jul 20, 2018.

1. I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive...

Since I am using additional security measures/features. When I put my new hard drive in (fresh install) should there be anything else I do? Or do I just install the hard drive/Win 10 as normal?

:)

TonySchwartz317, Jul 20, 2018
  2. DianeLouw Win User

Turning off 2 step verification

i have the 2 step verification DISABLED under my settings yet when i try to retrieve mail it keeps asking me to logg into google and it takes me thru process and gives me an authentication code. What must i do with this code? I dont want the 2 step verification!!!

DianeLouw, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Turning off 2 step verification

Having recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 I was prompted to 2 step verification. the logic and reason is sound. However since doing this I cannot get into my hotmail.co.uk using my iPhone. I found a link to the
    solution when I removed the authenticator app on my phone. Only to find a similar issue dated 2013. I have logged in via my PC running Windows 10, my laptop running windows 7 Professional and an ipad going in via safari. NO WHERE is this option visible.

Turning off 2-Step Verification
    • In “Signing in & security” section of My Account, select 2-Step Verification. Sign in with your username, password, and verification
      code if asked.
    • Select Turn off 2-Step Verification.
    • A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select OK
    How can this be achieved. I use emails on my phone for work being self employed and it is causing me issues.

As this problem seems to have been around for a few years surely there must be a resolution now. I really do not want to have to drop my Hotmail account as it is widely known, but if no solution is available I will have no option.

Eric Castle, Jul 20, 2018
  4. I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive...

Two step verification

The 2 step verification works, it's just that I don't understand why it behaves the way I described. Why doesn't it immediately confirm after I select "yes", instead of asking me to try another way to sign in?

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive...

1. I am using the authenticator / 2 Step Verification. Doing Fresh install on new hard drive... - Similar Threads - using authenticator Step

2. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  3. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  4. 2-step Authentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-step Authentication: How can I delete or reset the code to unlock the Authentication App on my Samsung phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-step-authentication/764aa9df-6c85-4617-af1b-8bf908d44650
  5. 2-step Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2-step Authentication: How can I delete or reset the code to unlock the Authentication App on my Samsung phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-step-authentication/764aa9df-6c85-4617-af1b-8bf908d44650
  6. 2-step Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I change my 2-Step Verification?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change my 2-Step Verification?: In the past, when I logged into Gmail, the 2-Step Verification page came up & I used the Google Authenticator App (on my phone) to get my code & then I was let into my account. But for the last few weeks, when I log into Gmail, a code is automatically sent to my phone & I do...
  8. Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification: I am struggling with a set of related Microsoft account login questions. It crosses some Windows Hello, password/PIN, Authenticator and two step verification boundaries. The question set up is as follows - 1. Valid Microsoft user account 2. Windows 10 PC with matching PIN...
  9. Install freezes at 2-step verification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install freezes at 2-step verification: My computer suddenly failed and I could not boot into windows or get to a command prompt booting from a usb stick. I ordered a new SSD and am trying to do a clean install. For the third time I’m stuck at the Help us protect your info screen. MS sent a code to my cell phone...
  10. BSOD fresh install on new hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD fresh install on new hard drive: Hi, I have been getting the VERY FUN irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD after doing a fresh install on a brand new SSD. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the BSOD. Here are the files: DESKTOP-T065BLG-2018-12-17_131645_32.zip 123637

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO DISABLE AOL 2 STEP VERIFICATIOIN PROCESS IN AOL

2. 2 step verification windows mail 10

3. windows 10 mail with aol