Windows 10: i am using windows 10 in hp laptop which has graphic of redeon graphics and my laptop does...

Discus and support i am using windows 10 in hp laptop which has graphic of redeon graphics and my laptop does... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop inly supports hdmi to hdmi ports monitors it does not support vgi ports monitrs what might be the solution for this...?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dunkerdipen, Aug 22, 2018.

1. i am using windows 10 in hp laptop which has graphic of redeon graphics and my laptop does...

my laptop inly supports hdmi to hdmi ports monitors it does not support vgi ports monitrs what might be the solution for this...?

:)

dunkerdipen, Aug 22, 2018
  2. alleluia Win User

HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager:

Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In practice, however, the Intel card was used most times, even for games.

After upgrading to Windows 10, the Catalyst is gone, and HP does not supply a Windows 10 driver for my computer. My laptop is using the Intel Graphic all the time, so, when purchasing my laptop, I payed 100 additional euros for nothing!

Is there a way to switch to the AMD card, even if I have to do it manually every time? If not, is there at least a way to use the AMD card all the time (instead of the Intel card)?

Thank you very much in advance.

alleluia, Aug 22, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In practice, however, the Intel card was used most times, even for games.

After upgrading to Windows 10, the Catalyst is gone, and HP does not supply a Windows 10 driver for my computer. My laptop is using the Intel Graphic all the time, so, when purchasing my laptop, I payed 100 additional euros for nothing!

Is there a way to switch to the AMD card, even if I have to do it manually every time? If not, is there at least a way to use the AMD card all the time (instead of the Intel card)?

Thank you very much in advance.[/quote] Hi alleluia and welcome to Tenforums.

You may be able to just disable the Intel HD Graphics 4000 in the BIOS of your system. Then the Radeon 8670M would be used all the time.

simrick, Aug 22, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

i am using windows 10 in hp laptop which has graphic of redeon graphics and my laptop does...

n-ster, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

i am using windows 10 in hp laptop which has graphic of redeon graphics and my laptop does...

1. i am using windows 10 in hp laptop which has graphic of redeon graphics and my laptop does... - Similar Threads - using laptop has

2. My laptop has a graphic card issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has a graphic card issue?: My laptop sometimes automatically restarts and after restart my second graphics card shows error 43. However, if it doesn't restart and the error is not shown the graphics card is not shown in task manager and in Omen gaming hub....
  3. My laptop has a graphic card issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has a graphic card issue?: My laptop sometimes automatically restarts and after restart my second graphics card shows error 43. However, if it doesn't restart and the error is not shown the graphics card is not shown in task manager and in Omen gaming hub....
  4. My laptop has a graphic card issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Laptop screen does not show graphics but does show graphics through the external...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop screen does not show graphics but does show graphics through the external...: It had an issue from Thursday but was slow and all and was working perfectly on Wednesday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-does-not-show-graphics-but-does/67550446-62f5-42ea-af76-51c5e5d432b3
  6. My Laptop screen does not show graphics but does show graphics through the external...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop screen does not show graphics but does show graphics through the external...: It had an issue from Thursday but was slow and all and was working perfectly on Wednesday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-does-not-show-graphics-but-does/67550446-62f5-42ea-af76-51c5e5d432b3
  7. My Laptop screen does not show graphics but does show graphics through the external...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. new intel graphics on hp laptop

new intel graphics on hp laptop: i try to install from intel but get message that said graphic locked by hp how do i get around this. the driver is foe my 6 gen cpu help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-intel-graphics-on-hp-laptop/64c54640-602f-48d7-bf31-d769657ffae8
  9. My graphics aren't right on my HP laptop

My graphics aren't right on my HP laptop: How do I set the graphics on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-graphics-arent-right-on-my-hp-laptop/a2ac8259-f8f0-43dc-b88a-e26749e4a073
  10. HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10: My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager: Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In...