Windows 10: I am working in English I do not know why "sequences1" is presented in Chinese?

Discus and support I am working in English I do not know why "sequences1" is presented in Chinese? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am building a phylogenetic tree and I have genetic information in my file "sequences1". I want to get access to it but the display is in Chinese, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bernard ngameni, Sep 29, 2018.

1. I am working in English I do not know why "sequences1" is presented in Chinese?

I am building a phylogenetic tree and I have genetic information in my file "sequences1". I want to get access to it but the display is in Chinese, I do not speak Chinese. I use English instead.

Please help as quickly as possible.

:)

bernard ngameni, Sep 29, 2018

2. Help, half Chinese, half English Computer.....

Hi,

If you want to change the language on your computer from Chinese to English, then you need to install the language pack of your preferred language. To do that, follow these easy steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language, then click
      Region & language
    • Under Languages, click Add a language, then select
      English.

In case it is still showing in Chinese language, you can follow these other steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard, then select Control Panel.
    • Go to Clock, Language, and Region, then select Language.
    • Next, click Advanced settings, then under Override for Windows display language, you will get the language option to select.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marque Lor, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 29, 2018
  4. I am working in English I do not know why "sequences1" is presented in Chinese?

The PC no longer displays in English but has reverted to Chinese as the Display language.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, do let us know if you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue. Also, did you try removing and re-installing English language pack?

Meanwhile, just to make sure English is selected, I would suggest you to try the steps below and let us know the result.

Step 1:

-Press Windows key + Spacebar and see which language is selected.

Step 2:

-Press Windows key + I to open settings

-Click time and language

-Click region and language and check the language selected. Also, if Chinese is listed, see if you can remove it.

Step 3:

-Press Windows key + R

-Type control /name Microsoft.Language and press enter to open language settings.

- Make sure English is set as the default language. Also, see if it is moved to the top.

Do let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

I am working in English I do not know why "sequences1" is presented in Chinese?

1. I am working in English I do not know why "sequences1" is presented in Chinese? - Similar Threads - working English why

2. I am getting BSOD and i dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting BSOD and i dont know why: I get blue screened when playing games and sometimes my games crash without getting a BSOD and i don't know how to tell why i am getting a BSOD i went into the event viewer and this is what it says any idea on what would be crashing my computer? I have updated graphics...
  3. I am Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am Chinese: I am Chinese https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%A4%A7%E5%AE%B6%E5%A5%BD%E6%88%91%E6%98%AF/c411a9b0-a048-45ae-b9c3-56cf61d00d37
  4. I am Chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am Chinese: I am Chinese https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E5%A4%A7%E5%AE%B6%E5%A5%BD%E6%88%91%E6%98%AF/c411a9b0-a048-45ae-b9c3-56cf61d00d37
  5. Why I am getting English India Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I am getting English India Keyboard: Hi, During installation I just gave my MS account , it took and installed all, later I found that I got installed with English India Keyboard, I had added US keyboard layout and deleted English India Keyboard, But English India Keyboard not going , I tried below...
  6. Dont know why I am receiving this ???

Dont know why I am receiving this ???: Why am I receiving this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-know-why-i-am-receiving-this/c331f688-c068-4f62-a599-d4abf39e4d50
  7. how do i know i am administrator?

how do i know i am administrator?: I just want to make sure I don't get hacked again. When it happened, I lost administrator privileges. Where should I check and what should I see there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-i-am-administrator/e78cab09-d3d4-4d02-975a-c1802eaaf124
  8. I can not switch english to traditional chinese,

I can not switch english to traditional chinese,: Dear All: No traditional Chinese language to add and download on region & language of setting page . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-switch-english-to-traditional-chinese/b5a05d61-0051-45c6-b69c-6857193292ee
  9. The subtitles and titles are in chinese and i want it it english

The subtitles and titles are in chinese and i want it it english: i enstalled a language on my device for learing purposes and now i am not using it anymore i want to get rid of it. the chinese language is showing up as subtiles and some titles I have a surface laptop and its occuring everywhere. Moved from : Surface Laptop / Display...
  10. Chinese Characters I need English Please

Chinese Characters I need English Please: on my task bar when I want to safely remove external hard drive, usb key, etc the icon is showing in Chinese how do I get it back to English see picture below - when I left click on the up arrow it gives me a box with the 6 icons and the last one bottom right hand side is...