Windows 10: I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits

Discus and support I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, May 31, 2021.

1. I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits

I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something like this 'rootkit' may be installed by USB or downloaded from a website, considering the word 'installed' implies this?Can someone answer my dilemma, because its either one or the other or both! [Original Title: Rootkits]

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, May 31, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User

Rootkit infection

That file is an anti rootkit scanner by Avast. And I'm not sure whether it works on Win 10.

If you have an Avast anti-rootkit scanner and you’re running another rootkit scanner (such as GMER) then the two programs are possibly causing software conflicts.

Running too many AV programs concurrently is not always a good idea.

Assuming you’re using Avast recommend you seek their advice:
    https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

Also suggest you review
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of Malware Infection

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, May 31, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    ROOTKIT infection that evades Norton AND Defender

How were you able to determine that your computer was infected with a rootkit?

A rootkit affects the computer before Windows loads, so any program installed on Windows, including anti-virus programs, is not likely to detect a rootkit. It often takes sophisticated software to detect and remove a rootkit.

More recent computers, with the UEF interface and Secure Boot, were designed in part to prevent a rootkit-infected computer from starting, so rootkits are much less of a problem now than they were in older computers.

BulldogXX, May 31, 2021
  4. I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits

Jsssssssss, May 31, 2021
Thema:

I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits

1. I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits - Similar Threads - worried might been

2. I am worried that my pc might have malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am worried that my pc might have malware: Hi there I want to start this by saying that I am not a very tech savvy person.That being said it all started when I was browsing the internet trying to find information about some actor who passed awayI am romanian.As I was looking at some google images I accidentally...
  3. I am worried that my pc might have malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am worried that my pc might have malware: Hi there I want to start this by saying that I am not a very tech savvy person.That being said it all started when I was browsing the internet trying to find information about some actor who passed awayI am romanian.As I was looking at some google images I accidentally...
  4. I have been infected with Ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been infected with Ransomware: My whole computer files are affected and encrypted by .enfp virus due to which I lost my control all over my files, pls suggest any way to decrypt my files as the virus is demanding 980$ for per file decryption key. [Original Title: Virus]...
  5. I have been infected with Ransomwares

I have been infected with Ransomwares: I recently discovered I have been om the receiving end of ransomware. The format of pretty much every file on my pc has been changed to "eking". I normally wouldn't worry to much about this. I mean. What are you gonna do? The internet is rampant with hackers. Unfortunately....
  6. I have been infected with Ransomware

I have been infected with Ransomware: Someone hack into my computer and encrypt my files he wants money to decrypt them please help[IMG] [Original Title: Hacker] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-ransomware/1fd2df8c-aa0c-4072-8bed-adae08960e75
  7. I might be infected with Spyware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I might be infected with Spyware.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I got Forza Horizon 3 and as you know it doesn't work with version 1909 of windows, and stuff, I got a fix that ,,fixes'' the game, it worked fine, it did open, it did something to the Forza Horizon, but I restarded my laptop and I wanted to listen...
  8. I Might be Infected with Malware

I Might be Infected with Malware: I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not close it. I ran the Microsoft Removal Tool but this came back saying nothing was wrong. I called a service I have for remote...
  9. I have been infected

I have been infected: Well where do I begin I'll start with the apple iPhone xr software 12.4-1 that's been all over the news all over social media about it having a bug? Well that was after a half a dozen ppl downloaded the software on to there phones. In which it caused me to get Hacked. My...
  10. I have been infected with Trojan

I have been infected with Trojan: Hi, I’m running Windows 7 Basic on my Netbook laptop. The taskeng.exe window kept randomly appearing so I ran a few different virus scanners and Malwarebytes found this: Trojan.MalPack, C:\USERS\VINCE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\VETHFFSS\ERDCJHUI.EXE and...