Windows 10: I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it

Discus and support I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new hard drive and decided to merge the partitions of the old one with MiniToolPartition wizard, but after I did the file was locked for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArmyFrame, Feb 25, 2021.

1. I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it

I got a new hard drive and decided to merge the partitions of the old one with MiniToolPartition wizard, but after I did the file was locked for some reason and whenever I try to open it, it gives me this message

"The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows. Try opening the drive using a newer version of Windows"

https://imgur.com/a/pHsAXef

What can I do to fix that?

submitted by /u/ArmyFrame
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ArmyFrame, Feb 25, 2021
  2. little cat, Feb 25, 2021
  3. DannibusX Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Feb 25, 2021
  4. I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it

Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it

1. I anciently "Locked" my hard drive and can't access it - Similar Threads - anciently Locked hard

2. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  3. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  4. Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents: When I turned my computer off and then turned it back on, bitlocker recovery asked for my password. I don't have the password he wants at the moment, and there is no video on the internet that I haven't watched, about how to find my password. In the field where it wants my...
  5. Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents: When I turned my computer off and then turned it back on, bitlocker recovery asked for my password. I don't have the password he wants at the moment, and there is no video on the internet that I haven't watched, about how to find my password. In the field where it wants my...
  6. Bitlocker has locked my hard drive I can't access its contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. F Drive Locked, Not able to access 938GB on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F Drive Locked, Not able to access 938GB on my hard drive: Dear All, I am stuck on this since a week now and finally asking for some help to this knowledgeable community. So here is my case. My F:\ Drive was locked by BitLocker, which asks 48 digit unlock code. I remember i never set a Bitlocker to this drive. I logged in my...
  8. Can't access hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access hard drive: Hi Im running w10 on an EliteBook. Local disk drive C with a capacity of 30gb is now full. There is a second drive New Volume D with 285gb capacity but despite switching where content is saved, this doesn't happen. I have tried formatting to no avail Anyone got any ideas....
  9. Can't access one of my Hard drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access one of my Hard drive...: OK, so I'm just done resetting my PC and when I'm trying to install program on my (F:) hard drive a message pop up saying : ''you need to confirm this operation'' -I then press continue and another message pop up : ''you need permission to perform this action''... I have...
  10. Can't Access External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Access External Hard Drive: I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open. [img] Drive E not showing NTFS file system. [img] Pop up when I tried to open Drive E. This is so frustrating Its not my external HD fault and I...