Windows 10: I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked. No solution is mentioned. Why lock it...

Discus and support I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked. No solution is mentioned. Why lock it... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like many other people, I have asked for a solution to the Jumping Cursor problem. Is this how you shut down discussion? None of the so called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, Oct 30, 2018.

1. l_turn9 Win User

I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked. No solution is mentioned. Why lock it...

Like many other people, I have asked for a solution to the Jumping Cursor problem. Is this how you shut down discussion? None of the so called solutions have changed the way my cursor acts and it may be getting worse. By the other user's comments, many of them have also not received a solution.

Keith asked me if I have a 3rd party antivirus which I do. But it is the same Anti-Virus I have had from Comcast (Norton Security Suite and derivatives) for the last 20 years, I turned it off and it did not help.. He also suggested I restart in Safe Mode and tinker with the settings. I will try his suggestion when I get a chance. Some of us must use a computer to earn a living and problems like these make even small projects take much longer than it should.

:)

l_turn9, Oct 30, 2018
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked.  No solution is mentioned.  Why lock it... [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Oct 30, 2018
  4. I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked. No solution is mentioned. Why lock it...

Random lock up, in DESPERATE need of help.

Lock ups can be caused by overheating, or sound failure.

Make sure you update your chipset drivers for audio. Also tell me step by step of how you install your heatsink.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked. No solution is mentioned. Why lock it...

1. I asked a question on Oct 26 2018 and it is locked. No solution is mentioned. Why lock it... - Similar Threads - asked question Oct

2. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  3. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  4. Locked Post/Solution to Original Question & New Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Post/Solution to Original Question & New Question: Good evening,First off thank you to those who responded to my other question regarding inability to copy and paste image files to an external hard drive and/or within windows to another file folder. The thread is for some reason locked and I am unable to respond. So I am...
  5. Locked Post/Solution to Original Question & New Question

Locked Post/Solution to Original Question & New Question: Good evening,First off thank you to those who responded to my other question regarding inability to copy and paste image files to an external hard drive and/or within windows to another file folder. The thread is for some reason locked and I am unable to respond. So I am...
  6. Locked Post/Solution to Original Question & New Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Locked Question

Locked Question: I asked a question in this community and it can be viewed or voted on but comments are locked. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-question/debd0102-d236-45c6-a08e-79c2733d2b69
  8. To ask why laptop locks automatically.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    To ask why laptop locks automatically.: Actually my laptop is locked automatically when i was working . And i switched off my laptop and i am trying to open my laptop but it does's not giving me any response. Suggest me what what i have to do. As working on laptop is mine daily activity....
  9. Why I am not getting Oct 2018 Update?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why I am not getting Oct 2018 Update?: I am on 1803 update When I check for updates it showing your device is up to date. When I will get OCT 2018 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-not-getting-oct-2018-update/e0ded5c7-7c11-4398-94cf-aa7993f6b5ce"
  10. oct 2018 update question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    oct 2018 update question: everybody is talking about the October 2018 update (which I don't think I got) today I updated to build 18252 from build 17763 heres my question.... 1. what is the oct update 2. does build 18252 overwrite the oct update...