Windows 10: I backed up all my documents, pictures, etc. Can't transfer to win 10

Discus and support I backed up all my documents, pictures, etc. Can't transfer to win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a new computer running windows 10. I backed up all my files on an external hard drive, hoping I could just load them up to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnLemoncelli, Feb 21, 2019.

1. I backed up all my documents, pictures, etc. Can't transfer to win 10

I purchased a new computer running windows 10. I backed up all my files on an external hard drive, hoping I could just load them up to the new computer. There is no documents folder in windows 10 in which to transfer these files to. ARGGGG

:)

JohnLemoncelli, Feb 21, 2019

2. Re transferring pictures to Window 10

I just transferred pictures to Windows 10 from my Samsung Galaxy Android phone. The pictures were transferred but they are in a separate list and I cannot transfer any of them as as attachment or to my Facebook account. Any suggestions.

TAM6

TheresaMuller, Feb 21, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. I backed up all my documents, pictures, etc. Can't transfer to win 10

Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

I backed up all my documents, pictures, etc. Can't transfer to win 10

1. I backed up all my documents, pictures, etc. Can't transfer to win 10 - Similar Threads - backed documents pictures

2. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  3. All my documents and pictures are gone???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my documents and pictures are gone???: I got into my computer and all my pictures are gone, all the files, everything. I contacted Windows support and they remoted into my computer and couldn't find anything??? NO PICTURES???? Any ideas what to do, how I can get them back if at all? Hundreds of pictures from years...
  4. After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.: After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared. I restored these files using an external hard drive backup. Today the same thing happened again. Windows 10 started up with a sign in error. It then proceeded to open with all my documents...
  5. After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.: After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared. I restored these files using an external hard drive backup. Today the same thing happened again. Windows 10 started up with a sign in error. It then proceeded to open with all my documents...
  6. After windows 10 sign on error, all my documents, pictures, music, etc. disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  8. Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move the location of pictures folder, as well as documents, etc.: I've been trying to move the location of these kinds of folders, but simply can't, windows tells me that there's a folder that can't be moved. I looked all over the internet for solutions, and everywhere they say to change de registry, which I did, but it didn't work. My C:/...
  9. transfer documents, recipes etc. to cell phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer documents, recipes etc. to cell phone: I found a while back an easy way to transfer documents, recipes, and pictures from my Pc to my LG android Phonix 4 using file explorer. I have forgotten how to set my android up to receive the transfer to my phone and what I need to do in file explorer. Can I send multiple...
  10. Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?: All the picture/images I created or downloaded in Windows 7 are unreadable in Windows 10 (or in Windows 8). When I try to open them in Windows 10 or in an image viewer app in Windows 10 I get an "Unknown Format". Does anyone know how I can properly access them in Windows 10...