Windows 10: I believe I have been scammed....

Discus and support I believe I have been scammed.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A year ago, I fell for a scam by someone that I met online. This person informed me that I had a number of corrupt files on my laptop and that he and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SandraHoffman1, Oct 3, 2020.

1. I believe I have been scammed....

A year ago, I fell for a scam by someone that I met online. This person informed me that I had a number of corrupt files on my laptop and that he and his team would be able to rid of them. As well, I was "sold" on signing up for a year on their technical services. The service was listed under the name Teamviewers.

Now that a year has passed, I was notified by e-mail that my subscription had expired and had been automatically renewed for the upcoming year in the amount of $389. or $400.

It was alarming to me that I would not be offered the renewal. I contacted them immediately asking for a refund for the upcoming year. I spent a long period of time on the phone with multiple individuals assuring me that my refund would be granted.

In the process, I made an error in indicating the dollar figure as my computer froze and didn't recognize the zeros that I had keyed in. This resulted in granting me a $10,000 credit to my checking account. The individual that I was talking to at the time acted in an unprofessional manner by swearing that "he had instructed" me in a certain way to avoid this error. This was my first clue that this was a scam. Does this sound like a viable business that would associate itself with Microsoft?

:)

SandraHoffman1, Oct 3, 2020

2. computer scam I believe

Complete scam.

Don't believe unsolicited popups, emails, texts, phone calls, etc.

IJustHelping, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

I believe I have been scammed....

1. I believe I have been scammed.... - Similar Threads - believe been scammed

2. Have I been scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been scammed: Last month my desktop computer was blocked and I had to call this number to get help, +1 425-310-5434. A man called Thomas Maier said that I had no Firewall and no security on my computer, he used Ultraviewer to get access to my computer. I knew that my protection had run out...
  3. Have I been scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I been scammed: Last month my desktop computer was blocked and I had to call this number to get help, +1 425-310-5434. A man called Thomas Maier said that I had no Firewall and no security on my computer, he used Ultraviewer to get access to my computer. I knew that my protection had run out...
  4. I have been scammed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been scammed: if you are in the crypto coin world do not us <Removed> they are a scam site they are in the Microsoft 2 factor authentication site its a scam don't use it!!!! [Original Title: scammed]...
  5. have i been scammed

have i been scammed: Error code-0x8024402c with a phone number that obviously was not microsoft however i am now worried that the phone number i did think was microsoft was not & concerned as i let her share my screen. can someone please give me some advice as im not very good with technology....
  6. have i been scammed

have i been scammed: error code 0x8024402c asking me to call 01215120016 it obviously was not microsoft BUT i did ring this number 03448002400 & shared my screen can anyone please tell me if this is a microsoft phone number as im not sure what to do...
  7. I believe that I was Scammed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I believe that I was Scammed: CZONE Solutions Toll Free 855-879-0155 Ext 1007 Talked with Deven Case # 91734682 Service 3 yr contract Amount $249.00 Paid thru Pay Pal I went through Yahoo Help when I thought I had a problem with my computer and a web site or phone # popped up to call for computer...
  8. I think I have been scammed

I think I have been scammed: My computer came up with a message saying that it had been blocked because of a virus threat. I could not 'x' out of it or any of the programmes that I had open so I called the number on the screen - an 0800 number so it looked ok. I then stupidly gave them remote access...
  9. I believe , I have been hacked

I believe , I have been hacked: I have an email from myself apparently, my router has been hacked and all my data will be sent if I don't pay what should I do [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-believe-i-have-been-hacked/1d887f62-a9d3-4564-aea7-4f6a1b34c016
  10. Have I been scammed?

Have I been scammed?: Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The advisor was very helpful and said I could update the 5 drivers for $39.99. As we got into downloading the drivers, he often...