I believe it is called Focus Stealing? Obi Wan please help

Discus and support I believe it is called Focus Stealing? Obi Wan please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Newbie, forgive my stupid questions. I will have a few things running in the background and tend to flick between them. Firefox, a word document and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frogman007, Jul 1, 2018.

1. frogman007 Win User

Newbie, forgive my stupid questions. I will have a few things running in the background and tend to flick between them. Firefox, a word document and say music. I click on a work file (usually excel) and can see it may take a few moments to download so I will start typing away elsewhere and not looking at the screen too much. Having typed a few words I look up to see I am typing into the downloaded item and not what I was actually meant to be typing into say a log in page etc. This is driving me mad. Please help

:)

frogman007, Jul 1, 2018
  2. condabest Win User

Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing

This is a general inquiry about how to disable specific programs' ability to steal focus/move their windows to front in windows 10. There used to be a registry you could edit to disable this I believe, but was removed for Windows 7(?) and apparently editing it (I've read [1]) doesn't affect anything.

Is there some way to edit a program's permission's or the registry or another setting to prevent either all programs or select programs from stealing focus etc? (This is for programs that don't give you the option of turning it off in their settings.)

Thanks for the help I believe it is called Focus Stealing? Obi Wan please help :)

[1] Preventing applications from stealing focus

condabest, Jul 1, 2018
  3. IrvS Win User
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

IrvS, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Jeeves Win User

Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus

I am currently running Windows 10 Home in Tablet Mode.
    Problem is, the Start Screen steals focus.
    For instance, let's say I write a new message in Thunderbird. After I post it, the message window is closed, but focus does not go back to the originating program. Start Screen steals focus and I have to ALT-TAB to the program I was using.

Jeeves, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. I believe it is called Focus Stealing? Obi Wan please help - Similar Threads - believe called Focus

2. latest update i believe bricked my next bok flexx 9 tablet runing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest update i believe bricked my next bok flexx 9 tablet runing windows 10: not sure how to fix this since the reset option in the uefi come back with failed to reset bla bla bla nothing is changed. I have even used the usb boot option in the eufi and even that give me back the error 0x0000000017 or something to that effect. the latest update I had...
  3. I believe there is a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I believe there is a virus: how to remove "microsoft popup" using windows defender [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-believe-there-is-a-virus/defbe10f-430c-40c5-8250-032b61d412fb
  4. I can't believe my 4 years of archived emails have disappeared from the Mail App~

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't believe my 4 years of archived emails have disappeared from the Mail App~: I thought I was having trouble finding my archive email sometimes but today I checked everything and I have no archived email with the Mail app anymore. I purchased my pc with windows 10 last October, transferred all my emails and set up accounts with the Mail app. Quite...
  5. Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft exec believes LTE will become an integral part of notebooks: Windows 10 on ARM with LTE connectivity is the next big thing, and Microsoft is fully committed to it. Microsoft is betting big on such devices and it’s expected to evolve in the coming months. Zhang Yongli, vice president of Microsoft Greater China, praised the built-in LTE...
  6. BSOD multiple errors believe its hardware can someone confirm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD multiple errors believe its hardware can someone confirm: Hello All I'm looking for a consult. I have been having problems with my windows 10 PC since I built it about 11 months ago. I am tried everything I have been able to think of or find on the internet to fix it with software which leads me to believe it is a hardware issue....
  7. OMG I don't believe it! 1511 ==> 1607 finally worked!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OMG I don't believe it! 1511 ==> 1607 finally worked!: I had tried so many times to install the Anniv. Update and got a failure each time I gave up on it months ago. But tonight it installed OK. So I am now on 1607 Build 14393.693. I presume that's good - I gave up following updates quite a while ago. My Update History says I...
  8. Dont alway believe your hardware specs --added 2 X 6TB drives OK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dont alway believe your hardware specs --added 2 X 6TB drives OK: Hi there. Don't always believe the Mobo specs -- I decided I needed to upgrade HDD space on one of my servers - in theory it says on the 4 Bays I could have a total of 10 TB HDD space. Anyway I've installed 2 X 4 TB and 2 X 6TB Nas 24 *7 drives -- no problem whatsoever...
  9. OS believes I have used the letter D for drives and won't give it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OS believes I have used the letter D for drives and won't give it back: I have been trying to recover from a broken 1511, 2 apparently failed drives (not real sure about one of them), and getting the OS to have the double secret administrator activated. There are so many things not explained and cause unwanted changes. I activated the super...
  10. I believe I have a Phishing shortcut attached ON?OFF to my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I believe I have a Phishing shortcut attached ON?OFF to my desktop: Previously I had had a phishing Page perhaps linked to a disappearing on/off icon appear on my Desktop, This Icon had then Appeared, After running the programs listed. The ICON had disapeared and the Forum advised me to run 1, Malware bytes Adw, 2 Rkill and not restart, then...