Windows 10: I believe my system is infected

Discus and support I believe my system is infected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So as of right now I don't know if I've been infected or not. I have reinstalled Win10 multiple times. The first time my laptop seemed to be stuck... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonW7, Jun 7, 2021.

1. JonW7 Win User

I believe my system is infected

So as of right now I don't know if I've been infected or not. I have reinstalled Win10 multiple times. The first time my laptop seemed to be stuck running in 32 bit mode no matter what program I was using. I have seen instances of odd little visual glitches, and when I reset my pc the last time, my Acer Nitro-5 laptop somehow renamed itself DESKTOP-5B*****. I supposedly have a very fast DSL connection through ethernet, and yet somehow my speeds are always abysmal. Random and seemingly innocuous locations on my PC are labeled as access denied when I try to open them. I've been battling this for

:)

JonW7, Jun 7, 2021
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Jun 7, 2021
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Jun 7, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. I believe my system is infected - Similar Threads - believe system infected

2. My system is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My system is infected: A. UserReplied on April 27, 2020ReplyIn reply to Reza Ameri's post on April 15, 2020My device was hijacked using WMI Window Management Instrumentation. An attacker controls everything using VBS scripts.I have never been connected to any work network.I connected to the...
  3. I Believe my System has been Hacked

I Believe my System has been Hacked: Yes i have a person in my pc I've tract him to his home 2 hours away. his address comes up in my location when i put in near me it go to his home. especially in shopping places his places on my map pings and moves as soon as i get on. i was in workplace and he might be from...
  4. I believe my system has been hacked

I believe my system has been hacked: HELLO ALL! I've had this problem since 12/07/2019 and it's really hard to explain but I'll give it my best try. We'll I received an email that I only needed to hover over for not even 300 milliseconds to open and so well coded that there was no need to tab a link inside....
  5. I believe there a virus in my system

I believe there a virus in my system: So something doesn't feel right with my PC, my PC is super loud and all these programs are stopped a lot more were stopped but I couldn't fit them all in the snip and I don't think that these should be stopped and I don't know why my PC is so loud even though I feel no heat...
  6. My system has been infected

My system has been infected: Hi guys,My system does not open most of my files, and it has a .pahd extension. Pls what might be the possible cause and how do I fix it.I have important files and apps!! And I don't wanna loose them.Thanks in advance...
  7. I believe there is virus infection, how to remove it?

I believe there is virus infection, how to remove it?: virus....ihave a virus that i dont know how it was downloaded but...drains all my ram...the odd thing is only when i have task manager opened it stops attacking my system...ihave task manager closed and drains my memory drastically...allready tried...
  8. My System is infected

My System is infected: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? [Original Title: ratting]...
  9. I believe I' been infected with ransom ware

I believe I' been infected with ransom ware: Last Night I up graded from windows 7 ultima to windows 10 Pro. This morning when turned on my PC it open up to a yellow screen telling that I had been infected some sort of a virus. I knew I should have taken a screen shot. I called the number on my display while comparing...
  10. I Believe , I have Infected with Trojan

I Believe , I have Infected with Trojan: Hello, I need help to get rid of the -several times asked I guess- $recycle.bin trojan I tried with Hitman Pro, McAfee, and creating a batch file and nothing before I am asked "how do I know it is a trojan?" very simple, I cant access several folders, such as: My...