Windows 10: I believe there is virus in my PC

Discus and support I believe there is virus in my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I torrented something, and immediately afterwards, my PC started to slow down. That's why I figured that I probably have a crazy virus because my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Edward Agadjanian, Dec 26, 2020.

1. I believe there is virus in my PC

So, I torrented something, and immediately afterwards, my PC started to slow down. That's why I figured that I probably have a crazy virus because my C: SSD drive is suddenly filled up to the point where there's only 200 MB left when there was 65 GB before. I check the properties of the folders. All of a sudden, the program files are smaller than they actually should be, so it's hard to tell where the majority of the capacity is coming from. I tried to restore my computer to a previous time, but Windows is telling me that it couldn't successfully restore, which makes me think that the virus is getting in the way. Help. How can I get rid of this thing? I tried MalwareBytes. It detected 5 trojan viruses and apparently quarantined them, but I'm still having the same problem. Is there another way I can force restore outside of the extreme?

[Original Title: Probably a virus. HELP!]

:)

Edward Agadjanian, Dec 26, 2020
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Virus...NOOOOO!

Then its not a virus, i thought its a little strange that a virus was still going in safe mode. But i dont know what to suggest it could be? Are you using the same pc to connect to the internet, just with a linux partition?

BradleyKZN, Dec 26, 2020
  4. I believe there is virus in my PC

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

I believe there is virus in my PC

1. I believe there is virus in my PC - Similar Threads - believe virus

2. I believe there is virus in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I believe there is virus in my PC: Hey guys I have been getting a cmd prompt pop up. The directory is appdata folder but i don't know what folder in appdata, in the box they type a "." and the cmd prompt goes away instantly before I get to screenshot it. I know the virus I have is some sort of screen...
  3. I believe there is virus in my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I believe there is virus in my PC: Hey guys I have been getting a cmd prompt pop up. The directory is appdata folder but i don't know what folder in appdata, in the box they type a "." and the cmd prompt goes away instantly before I get to screenshot it. I know the virus I have is some sort of screen...
  4. Hey, I believe a virus has made it so I cannot open Windows Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, I believe a virus has made it so I cannot open Windows Security.: I am on Windows 11 and whenever I click on it the exact words are "This App Can't Open" and it copies this message "Check the Store for more info about Windows Security." after the error. Would anyone have an idea of what is causing this? Seems like this question has been...
  5. Hey, I believe a virus has made it so I cannot open Windows Security.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey, I believe a virus has made it so I cannot open Windows Security.: I am on Windows 11 and whenever I click on it the exact words are "This App Can't Open" and it copies this message "Check the Store for more info about Windows Security." after the error. Would anyone have an idea of what is causing this? Seems like this question has been...
  6. I believe there a virus in my system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I believe there a virus in my system: So something doesn't feel right with my PC, my PC is super loud and all these programs are stopped a lot more were stopped but I couldn't fit them all in the snip and I don't think that these should be stopped and I don't know why my PC is so loud even though I feel no heat...
  7. I believe there is a Trojan Virus

I believe there is a Trojan Virus: I've had these weird Dos windows flash in, while i'm using my PC, in Fullsrcn.I've caught a Srcnshot of the Dos-window and was able to open the source into Notepad.Hopefully one of the Wizzards can help me. Both a scan from MSERT And Defender is giving me, an all-clear.I have...
  8. I believe there is virus infection, how to remove it?

I believe there is virus infection, how to remove it?: virus....ihave a virus that i dont know how it was downloaded but...drains all my ram...the odd thing is only when i have task manager opened it stops attacking my system...ihave task manager closed and drains my memory drastically...allready tried...
  9. I Believe, I have Virus in Windows Registry

I Believe, I have Virus in Windows Registry: Hi, I think my pc has a virus in explorer.exe HKU\S-1-5-21-2973291222-4259185829-4242739047-165829\ SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\POLICIES\EXPLORER\RUN1...
  10. I Believe there is a Virus in my system , so what Anti-Virus should I use?

I Believe there is a Virus in my system , so what Anti-Virus should I use?: My Laptop is HP Pavilion G6 Notebook. My laptop was VERY fast 2 weeks ago and I think 1 wee ago onwards it became very slow. I asked in Microsoft Community what to do and they replied. I did as they said. But after that it just became more slower. So I'm thinking that...