Windows 10: I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard...

Discus and support I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Seagate Go Flex external hard drive connected on a network via Ethernet. It was working fine with multiple computers until I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cougar6XR7, May 1, 2019.

1. I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard...

I have a Seagate Go Flex external hard drive connected on a network via Ethernet. It was working fine with multiple computers until I upgraded to Windows 10.

Now the Seagate drive will not boot up correctly as indicated by the blinking Amber light. I think Windows 10 did something to the Master Boot Record or reformatted the drive. How can I recover, as this was my backup and I have important pictures and documents stored on this drive?

Mike

:)

Cougar6XR7, May 1, 2019

2. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 1, 2019
  3. Seagate External 2T Hard Drive

Hi Richard

I should point out that I updated from Win 8 to Win 10 some time in September

To answer your questions;

Yes, I used the Seagate drive the previous day

No, the Seagate drive was not connected during the upgrade

The Seagate external hard drive is USB powered

The contents on the external Seagate hard drive are still intact and can been proven on another PC

I have a external WD hard drive which is still recognized post upgrade

Mark

MarkFinlay_995, May 1, 2019
  4. I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard...

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 1, 2019
Thema:

I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard...

1. I Believe Windows 10 Upgrade Changed the MBR or Reformated my Seagate Go Flex External Hard... - Similar Threads - Believe Upgrade Changed

2. Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play compatible with Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play compatible with Windows 10...: I have three devices with different OS: Win 10 Home/WIn 11 Home/Win 11 Professional. The Win 10 Home is set up as a server Workgroup that I can access files with the other two devices. I typically used the Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play to back up...
  3. Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play compatible with Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play compatible with Windows 10...: I have three devices with different OS: Win 10 Home/WIn 11 Home/Win 11 Professional. The Win 10 Home is set up as a server Workgroup that I can access files with the other two devices. I typically used the Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play to back up...
  4. Seagate Go Flex Desk External Drive USB 2.0 Plug and Play compatible with Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reformating a Hard Drive and Reloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformating a Hard Drive and Reloading Windows 10: I have an old Toshiba laptop that I no longer want. I would be happy to give it away but I clearly dont want my remaing data on it. So I followed the instructions to "Reset this PC" and took the options to clear the data. It ran for the better part of a day with the...
  6. Windows 10 and Seagate External Hard Drive not connecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Seagate External Hard Drive not connecting.: About two weeks ago my Windows 10 on PC stopped recognizing Seagrave external hard drive in usual USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-seagate-external-hard-drive-not/388034a2-eb70-491d-86d1-4155a9160a33
  7. how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i exchange one seagate external hard drive for another seagate external hard drive...: Every time I try to do it, it keeps giving me error messages like Those files are open in another system. or if I try to remove the old Seagate so I can attach a new one it says error. I just want to put the new one on and tell it to receive the backup files....
  8. Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds: I have a 1TB Seagate USB external hard drive I'm trying tor reformat to exFat file system to use data storage on a Chromebook. The disk worked perfectly for more than five years using NTSF file system before I tried to reformat it. It was in formatting stage for for about six...
  9. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  10. Seagate External Hard drive Decryption

Seagate External Hard drive Decryption: My Seagate Expansion Portable Drive (1 TB) was encrypted in Microsoft Windows 10. When I tried to decrypt it and removed password, Initially, it was removed. but when i plugged it in again in PC, it started asking for password / recovery key. I am using the same key which was...