Windows 10: I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking

Discus and support I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I assume if you are reading this 50% you're like hey but I know all about wans and 192 ips and how to pick a channel and such , but hey come on lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 22, 2019.

1. I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking

So I assume if you are reading this 50% you're like hey but I know all about wans and 192 ips and how to pick a channel and such , but hey come on lets face it , can you really tell you have an optimized network ? you are utilizing the correct feature for your modem part / routing part / wifi part / wired part ?

every time i upgrade i see zillion new features and no serious improvement with lots of new options that i leave at default both router side and whatever ngff card i buy or usb network adapter or whatever .

Here is an example so I bought this intel ngff 9260 wifi network card for my laptop to pair with that ac router i have , when i checked in driver settings i see loads of oddly named features mostly turned off . googling them made it worse as the documentation for which were mostly done by people who had their brains fried at some point early in career or administrative assistance that has no communication with engineering department where they mention no benefits nor applications nor means to test if this feature works or not even etc . but lets face it , when i checked in manage known networks it did mention it is using the 802.11ac protocol on the 5ghz range to communicate with my router . so to me it was like meh , ok defaults are good .

Now intel ngff ax200 was out , now all the fuss , it has high priority , it will feel not kluged what so ever , it beam forms (which usually lead people who know little about physics believe we are actually being mocked by marketeers) , blahs blahs whatever , so on installing it now the driver has an entirely new and different set of features , most turned on or auto , but when it connects , it would just show it is using the 802.11n protocol on the 5ghz range (Dont try i have the N and 2.4ghz off even) .

So i started inquiring in official forums and they went like "hey don't worry the 802.11ac is same as 802.11n" ... Seriously ? so why i didn't have that with the 9260 ? and honestly why are we even buying new stuff ? you are leading us to believe the wifi 6 is two protocols ahead and that is like space age technology and yet still you are making it operate by the wifi 4 protocol ? i was even lead to more documents claiming that the wifi 6 protocol is still under development so right now working with the 802.11ac protocol is fine !

Sooooo just because you stamp new blahs every couple of months on same chip makes it better ? and we just now embrace it , feel proud , brag but seriously know and have no understanding of it and technically nothing new really ? pffft . I rest my case .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 22, 2019
  4. I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking

1. I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking - Similar Threads - believer are being

2. Are we being duped?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are we being duped?: DOWNEND FOLK HOUSE ASSOCIATIONLINCOMBE BARN, OVERNDALE ROAD, BRISTOL BS16 2RWReg. Charity No. 1157237 24th December 2022Hi,A few months ago, the small community centre, of which I am treasurer, contracted with a local IT company to have our...
  3. Are we being duped?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are we being duped?: DOWNEND FOLK HOUSE ASSOCIATIONLINCOMBE BARN, OVERNDALE ROAD, BRISTOL BS16 2RWReg. Charity No. 1157237 24th December 2022Hi,A few months ago, the small community centre, of which I am treasurer, contracted with a local IT company to have our...
  4. Are we being duped?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network Problems, leads to blue screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problems, leads to blue screen.: Been having a weird problem on my brand new computer. At a random point, after using it for a while, the internet randomly dips extremely low, and it doesn't go back up. If I disconnect from my wifi, my computer stops responding entirely shortly afterwards (it led to a blue...
  6. BSOD leading me to believe Norton Anti-Virus is the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD leading me to believe Norton Anti-Virus is the cause: I started getting BSOD about 1 month ago and seems to be happening everyday. Using Blue Screen Viewer, I googled the filename (BHDrvx64.sys) shown in the Blue Screen Viewer and reports said it was associated with Norton Anti-Virus. I contacted Norton chat tech and the tech...
  7. I Believe there is Scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Believe there is Scammer: I have loud screaming noise on laptop and message saying computer is locked do not turn off. Identity has been stolen and ring a number. Now I can't turn on laptop, just keep getting this message. How do I stop it? [Original Title: scammer]...
  8. When are we going to have a good networking system like the old days

When are we going to have a good networking system like the old days: I have 6 desktop machines and 3 laptops that in the days of Win 7 could talk to each other via Homegroup and you could move files around the network by drag and drop. Along come win 10 which was forced upon me by Microsoft and now no machine will talk to another some will...
  9. When One computer Comes on, we loose Connection

When One computer Comes on, we loose Connection: For the past few days now, when one particular computer is switched on, the router looses connection. I am wondering if its possibly an IP conflict as we currently use DHCP. I am thinking about changing our computers to static to see if that fixes it. 108543
  10. Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.

Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.: Hi - I've had troubles with Windows 10 since I upgraded from windows 7. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and then updated it .. then I let the Windows 10 upgrade roll. Everything mostly works. The problems is the word MOSTLY. the dingbats at Microsoft are seriously...