Windows 10: I billed Microsoft for my bandwidth used updating Windows

Discus and support I billed Microsoft for my bandwidth used updating Windows in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't want it updated - ever. They haven't paid up yet. How do I remove Windows Update from Windows 10 and leave it the state it is in now, for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OnPurplex, May 24, 2020.

1. OnPurplex Win User

I billed Microsoft for my bandwidth used updating Windows

I don't want it updated - ever.

They haven't paid up yet.

How do I remove Windows Update from Windows 10 and leave it the state it is in now, for ever?

:)

OnPurplex, May 24, 2020
  2. NinjaNife Win User

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, May 24, 2020
  3. backgroundtrasferhost.exe using high network bandwidth

Hi Govind,

Could you also let us know if you are using a wireless or a wired connection? If you are using a wireless connection, please connect using a wired and check if the same issue occurs. Also you may want to run a complete scan using the inbuilt Windows Defender
    to eliminate any suspicion of infection.

This service also transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth. Applications which depend on BITS such as Windows update and MSN Explorer automatically downloads programs and other information while the connection
    is idle.

As a troubleshooting step you may also try the steps listed below and check, but please do remember that disabling this service will lead not being able to install Windows update. Therefore I would suggest you to try this step,
    check and then restart the service again. This is to let us know if indeed this service may be causing the issue.

You can disable this service by opening TASK MANAGER > SERVICES > OPEN SERVICES (Bottom Left corner) > Find the service from the list - BITS / BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE > Right click, STOP > Right click, PROPERTIES
    > START UP TYPE - Set DISABLED. (credit Vishwa Weerasooriya).

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, May 24, 2020
  4. I billed Microsoft for my bandwidth used updating Windows

Bill Gates Retires From Microsoft

And what would have been bad? Imagine if the resources put into Windows were put into Unix.

WOW

Anyways, didn't this already happen, like several years ago?; where he stepped down and only stayed on in a small part?

Guess not.

newconroer, May 24, 2020
Thema:

I billed Microsoft for my bandwidth used updating Windows

1. I billed Microsoft for my bandwidth used updating Windows - Similar Threads - billed Microsoft bandwidth

2. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  3. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  4. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Where do I send the bill for MS using my systems, my electricity and my bandwidth for their...

Where do I send the bill for MS using my systems, my electricity and my bandwidth for their...: Genuine question.. Where do I send the bill for MS using my system, my electricity and my bandwidth for their updates, skype, and other elements ? Why ? If you add up all of the electricity that the Windows userbase in the USA is using, but MS is not being billed to...
  6. Updates paused - svchost.exe still using all my bandwidth!

Updates paused - svchost.exe still using all my bandwidth!: I have limited bandwidth, usually around 170kB/s on a good day, so I pause updates during the day and restart them at night. I also have background and foreground downloads throttled to only use 5% of the available bandwidth. Regardless of those settings, Windows is still...
  7. Microsoft store only using half my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store only using half my bandwidth: Whether I'm using the store app built into windows 10, or the xbox app, the download speed is consistently almost exactly half of my actual bandwidth. I've checked delivery optimization settings and they are all maxed out, so that's not it. I recently decided to try out the...
  8. something using my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    something using my bandwidth: I am using Virgin Mobile for wireless internet and a HP laptop. I am on a capped plan and know how to disable windows updates and I do that. I get them when I go to the library and us their wifi. But something is still often using my precious bandwith and I can't seem to find...
  9. something using my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Support
    something using my bandwidth: I am using Virgin Mobile for wireless internet and a HP laptop. I am on a capped plan and know how to disable windows updates and I do that. I get them when I go to the library and us their wifi. But something is still often using my precious bandwith and I can't seem to find...
  10. Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth: Hi all,Whenever windows downloads updates, it always uses the entire internet bandwidth. Due to this, I can't even check emails ,even antivirus can't download updates and it takes many hours before I can finally use the PC. I find this a big pain that I can't even do basic...