Windows 10: I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen

Discus and support I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, in the past, every time I’ve loaded the Windows Recovery Environment to load safe mode, my PC just went onto a black screen, and when i restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott Nichol, Jun 29, 2022.

1. I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen

Hi, in the past, every time I’ve loaded the Windows Recovery Environment to load safe mode, my PC just went onto a black screen, and when i restarted it booted normally.Today, I went Into msconfig and ticked safe mode.After restarting to boot in safe mode, the screen went black again, but this time when I restarted, it didn’t come back on.My PC lights are on, and the monitor displays that it can’t find my pc.I’ve tried completely unplugging my PC and Monitor from the mains and from each other, but that didn’t work.I also tried Windows + ctrl + shift + b to restart graphics drivers, but the scr

:)

Scott Nichol, Jun 29, 2022

2. Windows 10 black screen with cursor (safe mode UNRESPONSIVE/WON'T WORK)

No luck, I tried both suggestions and the same thing. When I go into safe mode the computer acts extremely slow and whenever I try to open a file/app I get "... Is unresponsive", so that basically makes safe mode unusable since I can't open anything and
    if I boot normally the screen stays black but I can see my cursor.

tcourtland, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 29, 2022
  4. cosmarchy Win User

I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen

Black Screen in Safe Mode

I'm trying to start my Win 10 VM but am getting a black screen with a cursor after it logs in so after looking for solutions online, there is a suggestion to remove the display drivers by using safe mode.

The problem is, safe mode also has a black screen!!

Are there any solutions to this? I have tried repairing, troubleshooting, restore etc from an ISO without success.

Windows is present in some form or another as it responds to ctrl-alt-del and provides me with the usual menu for Task Manager but when you select this, the Task Manager does not show and you are left with the same black screen as before!!

Anyone have any experience of this before?

Thanks

cosmarchy, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen

1. I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen - Similar Threads - booted safe mode

2. Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black: I had a problem with uninstalling a program from my pc and some website recommended that i put my computer into safe mode in order to uninstall the program. I went into MSCONFIG and turned on minimal something, restarted my computer but now the screen is black and wont turn...
  3. Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black: I had a problem with uninstalling a program from my pc and some website recommended that i put my computer into safe mode in order to uninstall the program. I went into MSCONFIG and turned on minimal something, restarted my computer but now the screen is black and wont turn...
  4. Black screen when booting to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  5. Black screen when booting to safe mode

Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  6. I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen: Hi, in the past, every time I’ve loaded the Windows Recovery Environment to load safe mode, my PC just went onto a black screen, and when i restarted it booted normally.Today, I went Into msconfig and ticked safe mode.After restarting to boot in safe mode, the screen went...
  7. I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen

I booted in safe mode and now my PC is completely unresponsive on a black screen: Hi, in the past, every time I’ve loaded the Windows Recovery Environment to load safe mode, my PC just went onto a black screen, and when i restarted it booted normally.Today, I went Into msconfig and ticked safe mode.After restarting to boot in safe mode, the screen went...
  8. Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen: As the title says, I needed to reboot in safe mode using MSConfig, but upon trying to reboot, I now just get a black screen. The hotkey for entering bios during startup is F12 since this is a Dell, but it does nothing now. I made a recovery USB from another windows 10 machine...
  9. Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen: As the title says, I needed to reboot in safe mode using MSConfig, but upon trying to reboot, I now just get a black screen. The hotkey for entering bios during startup is F12 since this is a Dell, but it does nothing now. I made a recovery USB from another windows 10 machine...
  10. Enabled Safe Mode using MSConfig, but now it boots to black screen