Windows 10: I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot...

Discus and support I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I went into safe mode on my PC using MSCONFIG and I tried to log in but instead of PIN it is Password. I know you can get out of this through... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by laurailie, Apr 30, 2020.

1. laurailie Win User

I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot...

Hi, I went into safe mode on my PC using MSCONFIG and I tried to log in but instead of PIN it is Password. I know you can get out of this through command prompt in the BIOS, but when I try to put in my microsoft account password, it says it is wrong while I am 100% sure that it is correct. I even changed my password twice but it still will not budge.

:)

laurailie, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Sunny0804 Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode forgot Password

If you have any other admin account of which you remember password of log on to that and open cmd in elevated state and type "net user adminaccount_name password" without quotes where admin account name is the account you Forgot password to and password
    is any anything you want it to be if not create a live linux or ubuntu cd and go to c: \windows, \system 32\ and copy cmd to desktop and rename it to sethc and placing it back and click yes to the prompt which asks you if you want to replace it,then Logout
    then press shift 5 times and youll get cmd in elevated state then use net user cmd mentioned earlier.

Sunny0804, Apr 30, 2020
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot...

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot... - Similar Threads - booted safe mode

2. I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...: My computer is crashing every time I log in, I have gone into safe mode to try running commands, redownloading Windows, ect... My problem? I forgot my safe mode password and cant do ANYTHING in safe mode, everything I've seen online says stuff abput gping into setting and...
  3. I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...: My computer is crashing every time I log in, I have gone into safe mode to try running commands, redownloading Windows, ect... My problem? I forgot my safe mode password and cant do ANYTHING in safe mode, everything I've seen online says stuff abput gping into setting and...
  4. I forgot my safe mode password but, I can't change it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i forgot my admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i forgot my admin password: hello team actually i forgot my admin password.how can i reset my password without a iso file .i have my local user account password.but i dont administrator password.please help with this issue....
  6. Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password: Hi, As my system troubleshooting, I suppose to boot my Windows 10 in Safemode through msconfig, but my Admin password to log in is not accepting. Even I change new password to my account but windows in safe mode it's not updated. How to resolve the issue....
  7. I forgot my admin password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my admin password.: Hi, I have windows 10 professional installed on my Dell XPS. It has 2 users. One user is non-admin with no privileged. Another is the admin user. I have forgotten the admin user password. I do not have a disk or usb or anything to recover. I need help. We did not add...
  8. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  9. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted into safe mode, and forgot password: I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older...
  10. I turned safe mode on and forgot my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I turned safe mode on and forgot my password: I had some problems with Twitch App on windows 10 when I checked the website it told me to turn on safe mode and reboot, but when I did so I faced another problem, I should login using only the microsoft account password and i don't remember the password and can't recover it,...