Windows 10: I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?

Discus and support I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I use the Windows 10 Pro which was installed on the gaming PC that I bought approximately 5 years ago? I have another PC which I built and would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Garth_Delport, Dec 1, 2022.

1. I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?

Can I use the Windows 10 Pro which was installed on the gaming PC that I bought approximately 5 years ago? I have another PC which I built and would like to install the same windows on it. Not rich enough to upgrade hardware for windows 11! If I am allowed to use my software on another PC, please tell me how. The guy who sold the PC didn't give me the discs.

:)

Garth_Delport, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2022
  3. saadq12 Win User
    Can't Remote Desktop Into PC even after PRO Upgrade

Hi all, I am wondering if someone can help me get Remote Desktop working. Here is the problem:
    I have a brand new Acer Desktop PC that came with Windows 10 Home, after unsuccessfully trying to get remote desktop working on Home I eventually bought the upgrade to Pro.
    The PC upgraded to Pro but I am still unable to connect to the PC via Remote Desktop Connection.
    I am sure the IP is correct is because I can ping the PC from another PC on the same network and I get a reply back successfully.
    I have tried several steps and procedures found via google(changing services properties, disabling firewall, allowing RDP etc...) but nothing is working.
    Currently I am resetting the computer back to default in hopes this fixes any issues I may have caused during my troubleshooting
    Any ideas/suggestions that you guys have that got Remote Desktop Connection working would be great, thanks in advance!

saadq12, Dec 1, 2022
  4. I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?

1. I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well? - Similar Threads - bought desktop Pro

2. I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro which was installed on the gaming PC that I bought approximately 5 years ago? I have another PC which I built and would like to install the same windows on it. Not rich enough to upgrade hardware for windows 11! If I am allowed to use my software...
  3. I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a desktop with windows 10 Pro. Can I use it on another PC as well?: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro which was installed on the gaming PC that I bought approximately 5 years ago? I have another PC which I built and would like to install the same windows on it. Not rich enough to upgrade hardware for windows 11! If I am allowed to use my software...
  4. I bought a windows 11 license for a new pc build can I use it for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a windows 11 license for a new pc build can I use it for windows 10: I purchased a windows 11 license via a USB drive from newegg. It turns out that some of my software wont run on windows 11 and needs windows 10 can I use my usb drive to get windows 10 activated?...
  5. I bought a windows 11 license for a new pc build can I use it for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a windows 11 license for a new pc build can I use it for windows 10: I purchased a windows 11 license via a USB drive from newegg. It turns out that some of my software wont run on windows 11 and needs windows 10 can I use my usb drive to get windows 10 activated?...
  6. Can i connect to a pc from another desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i connect to a pc from another desktop?: Guys, i do not know if this is possible or not. So the thing i wanna do is connect to a pc remotely and that stuff y'know. But i also wanna connect to that pc in another desktop, the other user can use the computer like normally, and the other user could control pc in the...
  7. windows 10 pro key used on another pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro key used on another pc: hello i purchase win 10 pro retail key from a local store but when i try to redeem it on my pc i got error about key already used on another pc. my question is how i can find time of redeem this key ? so i have proof ,key used before my purchase from local store. ty...
  8. can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?: can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-windows-10-pro-upgrade-be-transferred-to/6fecfe68-c325-4f06-9389-2dc967f6aebf
  9. Can I use a Windows 10 Pro License from the Store in the OS on another computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use a Windows 10 Pro License from the Store in the OS on another computer?: Hi. So I am thinking of building a new computer, however I am on a very strict budget, with Windows 10 Home being the most expensive part of the build ($140 for just 1 license) I noticed that when browsing the Microsoft Store on my current laptop, Windows 10 Pro was being...
  10. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?: When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10, but I'm wondering if I transfer windows if it will go back to windows 7? or will it still be windows 10? It doesn't matter to...