Windows 10: I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

Discus and support I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Won't let me download the game I bought... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gary Johnson5, Jun 1, 2023.

1. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

Won't let me download the game I bought

:)

Gary Johnson5, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

a game doesnt show that i bought it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find a game purchased from Microsoft Store. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, we would like to know the place of purchase of the game.

As you have mentioned that you have purchased the game logged in to your Microsoft account, I would suggest you to make sure that you are signed in with the same Microsoft account in Microsoft Store.

To login to Microsoft Store, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. Click on the Profile icon on the top left corner, click on the account and select
      Sign Out.
    3. Now, click on the Profile icon and select
      Sign in.
    4. Sign in with the Microsoft Account through which you purchased the game.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jun 1, 2023
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

Refund for an application bought on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Most apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books purchased in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One are non-refundable unless the offer or applicable law states that you’re eligible for a refund. Should you have other questions and clarifications,
    we suggest that you contact our
    Microsoft Support
    team.

For detailed information about the return and refund policy, see
    Microsoft Terms of Sale.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

1. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me... - Similar Threads - bought game off

2. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...: Won't let me download the game I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-game-off-of-the-microsoft-store-and-it/7ecb0b97-7a85-4fcf-8f66-ffa481226490
  3. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...: Won't let me download the game I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-game-off-of-the-microsoft-store-and-it/7ecb0b97-7a85-4fcf-8f66-ffa481226490
  4. I own a game on a disk but the store says I do not

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I own a game on a disk but the store says I do not: I own minecraft on the disk. I bought it back in 2015. I have played it on the xbox but I would like to play the bedrock version on my laptop. When I try to download the game, it says I do not own it. Ive tried swapping accounts but nothing seems to work....
  5. I own a game on a disk but the store says I do not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own a game on a disk but the store says I do not: I own minecraft on the disk. I bought it back in 2015. I have played it on the xbox but I would like to play the bedrock version on my laptop. When I try to download the game, it says I do not own it. Ive tried swapping accounts but nothing seems to work....
  6. I own a game on a disk but the store says I do not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought

Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought: Hey, im trying to install a game on my new pc, the problem is that microsoft stores claims that i dont own it. Im on the exact same account, just not on the same pc. What should i do ?...
  8. Microsoft store not letting me download games I bought on Xbox.

Microsoft store not letting me download games I bought on Xbox.: I downloaded a bunch of games on Xbox, but I switched to PC. It says on the Microsoft store that I need to purchase the games again, even though they are on the same email too....
  9. Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.

Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.: I just bought an app in the web browser version of the Microsoft Store, but the Microsoft Store app says I don't own it. I received an email confirming that my purchase went through, but the store app does not seem to realize that. I have already tried resetting the store...
  10. Microsoft store is not letting me install a game I bought on a signed-in pc. How do I sign...

Microsoft store is not letting me install a game I bought on a signed-in pc. How do I sign...: When I click on the ... in the microsoft store, this is what it says:[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I'm signed in, right? This is in the Microsoft Store.[ATTACH]...