Windows 10: I bought a game on the microsoft store, but I can't edit or delete any of its files.

Discus and support I bought a game on the microsoft store, but I can't edit or delete any of its files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I bought The Outer Worlds, and I was annoyed by the unskippable company logo splash screens, and I want to delete the video files of said splash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tiagowar-, Oct 29, 2019.

1. I bought a game on the microsoft store, but I can't edit or delete any of its files.

So I bought The Outer Worlds, and I was annoyed by the unskippable company logo splash screens, and I want to delete the video files of said splash screens.

but I can't delete or rename them, it just tells me that I need permission to perform this action.

Of course, I've tried to change ownership of the file, but that didn't do anything.

So is there any way that I can get absolute full admin rights on windows 10 so that I can edit any file with no issue?

submitted by /u/Tiagowar-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tiagowar-, Oct 29, 2019

2. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Game

Thank you for answering the questions above. To further isolate the issue, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Check for updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Kindly update us with the results.

4. I bought a game on the microsoft store, but I can't edit or delete any of its files.

Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Thema:

I bought a game on the microsoft store, but I can't edit or delete any of its files.

1. I bought a game on the microsoft store, but I can't edit or delete any of its files. - Similar Threads - bought game microsoft

2. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...
  3. I bought a game and its not showing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought a game and its not showing.: Hi!I bought forza horizon 5 premium ediditon GLOBAL from g2a, and redeemed the code on the xbox app on my pcI am using windows 10.After this I coulden't see my game in my library but in microsoft store it appears that I own this game. I am very confused and I don't know what...
  4. I bought a game and its not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game and its not showing.: Hi!I bought forza horizon 5 premium ediditon GLOBAL from g2a, and redeemed the code on the xbox app on my pcI am using windows 10.After this I coulden't see my game in my library but in microsoft store it appears that I own this game. I am very confused and I don't know what...
  5. I bought a game and its not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't download any games from the Microsoft Store

I can't download any games from the Microsoft Store: Every time I tried to download any game I got a message: "Something went wrong, please try again later, 0x80190001". Then I tried to download other apps but got the same message....
  7. I can't purchase any game on Microsoft Store

I can't purchase any game on Microsoft Store: Help I double-checked my card and it has enough money to buy the game and yet I still can't purchase it. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-purchase-any-game-on-microsoft-store/c88115ec-6d41-4700-b9c9-c83c37acca55
  8. I can't delete or copy any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete or copy any files: I've been trying to copy or delete photos or files by right clicking and selecting the usual 'delete' or 'copy'. However when I select the copy or delete, my laptop freezes for a second and kicks me out of the folder and takes me back to the desktop screen. Other times all I...
  9. I can't delete the game i installed from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the game i installed from microsoft store: I tried xbox gamepass today and installed metro exodus. Unfortunately game didn't open. I decided to delete the game but i couldn't do it too. I tried to delete it from Apps&Features, it disappeared but game still placed in my disk i can see it in "C:/Program...
  10. Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store

Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store: Hi. So yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and when I tried to open it, nothin. I saw a screen for a split-second, and then it disappeared again. I have followed numerous guides and articles, and I tried to reinstall it, and now the game just wont...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant edit outer worlds app files

2. claim ownership of microsoft store games file