Windows 10: I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device?

Discus and support I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have 2 microsoft accounts, and bought a game on the wrong account. I don't want to log into the wrong account on my PC - I want to just download the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Zaiya, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Zaiya Win User

I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device?

I have 2 microsoft accounts, and bought a game on the wrong account. I don't want to log into the wrong account on my PC - I want to just download the game on my other accounts device (The only device on the 3 family accounts on the microsoft site - SINCE WE CANNOT MERGE ACCOUNTS).

2 hours later... and 1823 posts read that haven't helped... can someone please transfer the game to my ADMIN account in family OR let me choose a family device as my device on the account I purchased the game on??

I have zero patience left for this lunacy.

:)

Zaiya, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Arnie Est Win User

family account

Hi Natasha,

About your concern, your son's account is under Family account which limits your child in downloading apps that is inappropriate for his age. To manage your family account, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
    • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
    • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
    • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.
    • Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Dec 23, 2018
  3. joeninet Win User
    Family Settings - Unable to download apps & Games

My Family account has already been set up (www.windowsphone.com/family) and he is listed as a Family Member and I have allowed that he can access 'free & paid apps'.

My Son is still unable to download apps.

The wiki is not useful as all the steps were completed prior to me posting the question.

joeninet, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Joe Men Win User

pls help my family set up account

Hello,

Adults in the family can manage family settings online at account.microsoft.com/family, and changes will be applied to any Windowsdevice
    the child signs in to.

Do the following steps to set up your Family settings:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.
    • Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
      • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
      • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
      • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Joe Men, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. I bought a game on the wrong account. How do I download it to a family device? - Similar Threads - bought game wrong

2. i bought a product on the wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a product on the wrong account: Hello, i recently bought a Acient coin pack for Sea of theives. on their webbsite it said it can take up to 72 hours for it to be delivered until today when i saw that i had automaticly logged into another account on microsoft store and bought the coins on the account which i...
  3. I can't download a game I bought

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download a game I bought: I have recently purchased an app and it does show up in my order history yet when I go to download/install it, it tells me to buy it again. When I try to buy it again it won't let me because It says I already own it. I have talked with a rep earlier and they told me to do a...
  4. How do I get a refund for a game I bought that I can't download.

How do I get a refund for a game I bought that I can't download.: I bought minecraft today and I can't download it no matter what fixes I try I can't get the game to download. I should not be stuck with a game that doesn't even work because the Microsoft store has been having issues like this forever. I checked order history and there's no...
  5. i bought paint.net. How do I download it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i bought paint.net. How do I download it?: i bought paint.net. How do I download it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-paintnet-how-do-i-download-it/0b1d0229-c1e8-4389-b5f2-39b58f8d4a22
  6. How do I get a refund for the wrong version of Minecraft I bought?

How do I get a refund for the wrong version of Minecraft I bought?: i bought minecraft windows 10 edition starter pack and couldnt play with my friends so i bought minecraft java edition and was trying to get a refund for minecraft windows 10 starter pack * Moved from Research/Eyes First * Original title: minecraft...
  7. I bought a game while logged into the wrong account and can't access it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a game while logged into the wrong account and can't access it: Hello, I've got a bit of an issue. I recently bought 'Minecraft for Windows 10' from microsoft.com. Only problem is I was logged in to a different account to the one I use to log into my computer, so I can't install it from the Microsoft Store app. I can't seem to find a way...
  8. Can't Download Game I Bought

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Download Game I Bought: Hey. My device is linked to my microsoft account (gaming laptop). I don't have an XBox, I just want to download The Outer Worlds so I can play it when it comes out. I bought the game- and everything went fine on the transaction end of things- but when I try to install it, it...
  9. How can i download game i bought on Microsoft Store after i upgrade System Devices

How can i download game i bought on Microsoft Store after i upgrade System Devices: I bought "Gear of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10" but after i upgrade all my devices (Mainboard, Chipset and VGA), it ask to purcharse again. How can i download it again?...
  10. How do i download the game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i download the game?: I recently redeemed a code for a game meant for Windows 10 and i am trying to install it on PC. However, I redeemed it on an icloud email account and i did it on the website. I press 'Install/Play' and it takes me to the app and its an outlook account. I thought it would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bought game for wrong device