Windows 10: I bought a game via the Microsoft store but cant install it.

Discus and support I bought a game via the Microsoft store but cant install it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently bought Dishonored 2 from the Microsoft store on pc and the game is in my ready to install but every time I press install and select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesBoard, May 24, 2021.

1. I bought a game via the Microsoft store but cant install it.

I have recently bought Dishonored 2 from the Microsoft store on pc and the game is in my ready to install but every time I press install and select a drive to put it on and then press continue nothing happens and my game doesn't install. I have checked my order history and it says I have bought it and the&nbs

:)

JamesBoard, May 24, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2021
  3. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, May 24, 2021
  4. I bought a game via the Microsoft store but cant install it.

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, May 24, 2021
Thema:

I bought a game via the Microsoft store but cant install it.

1. I bought a game via the Microsoft store but cant install it. - Similar Threads - bought game via

2. I cant install games from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install games from the Microsoft store: I open up the Microsoft store, every time I click on install game or settings or anything related to that my Microsoft store crashes. In other cases it doesn't crash but instead it says pending for all my current updates and when I hit install it doesn't do anything but it...
  3. I cant install any games on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install any games on Microsoft Store: So basically the problem is when I press install on a game nothing happens. It doesn't start installing or anything its just idle. I have tried resetting Microsoft Store and my system meets the requirements. Is there anything I can do?...
  4. Cant install games off the microsoft store.

Cant install games off the microsoft store.: i just got the xbox game pass wanting to play forza 4 and i have enough space on my d drive to install it on. but when i choose the d drive and click install nothing happens litteraly nothing. i cant free up space on my c drive since its a smaller ssd. ive tried every single...
  5. Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install specific game on Microsoft store?: Cant install No Mans Sky from game pass, just gets stuck at 111mb and stops downloading.. literally done everything from resetting the store app to resetting cache to running trouble shooters.....
  6. Bought a game and i cant install it

Bought a game and i cant install it: I bought forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and i cant download it. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-game-and-i-cant-install-it/72e34dd8-b395-4f5c-ac46-60d9461ebbe5
  7. I bought a game but cant install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game but cant install it: I bought minecraft on the Microsoft store but I cant install it. It says I need "ARM" compared to the 64-bit I have now. I have no idea what that means and I just want to play the game I bought...
  8. Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store

Can't Install a game i bought on Microsoft Store: Hi. So yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and when I tried to open it, nothin. I saw a screen for a split-second, and then it disappeared again. I have followed numerous guides and articles, and I tried to reinstall it, and now the game just wont...
  9. I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store: I bought the xbox game pass, but I can't download any games. When I see the catalog from my internet browser, it says that the game is available to download because it is in the pack, but then it takes me to the Microsoft Store app and there the only thing I can do is write a...
  10. How do I backup a game bought via Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I backup a game bought via Windows Store?: I have a 240GB SSD so I like to be careful about space allocated to my games. With Steam games it is easy to just copy the game folder to an external HD when I'm not playing it then moved it back when I fancy playing it. However, I purchased Rise of the Tomb Raider from...