Windows 10: I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM...

Discus and support I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all,I recently bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box from a French Internet retailer, and it appears to be an OEM version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OlyDiver, May 17, 2021.

1. OlyDiver Win User

I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM...

Hello all,I recently bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box from a French Internet retailer, and it appears to be an OEM version. How could I spot the difference ?After having opened the sealed package, I checked the product key on various software utilities as ShowKeyPlus or KeyFinder from Magical Jelly Bean and I found that the box I thought was a retail box was in fact an OEM box.It seems that resellers have either purple boxes or blue boxes, but does it make a difference ?How can I spot if the box is retail or OEM without opening the box ? Is the SKU on the box

:)

OlyDiver, May 17, 2021
  2. D KSharma Win User

Window 10 Pro 64-bit genuine or not and license retail or OEM.

please help i have check our installed window retail or oem and window genioun or not please help i have check our installed window retail or oem and window genioun or not

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Original subject/title: WINDOW10 PRO 64 BIT genuine OR NOT AND LICENSE RETAIL OR OEM

D KSharma, May 17, 2021
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, May 17, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM...

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, May 17, 2021
Thema:

1. I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM... - Similar Threads - bought genuine sealed

2. windows 11 pro oem to retail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 pro oem to retail?: i purchased a prebuilt pc that came with a windows 10 pro oem license eligible for the windows 11 upgrade. i have since upgraded to the windows 11 pro oem version. my question is if i purchase a windows 11 pro retail license, can i change the installed version by changing the...
  3. windows 11 pro oem to retail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 pro oem to retail?: i purchased a prebuilt pc that came with a windows 10 pro oem license eligible for the windows 11 upgrade. i have since upgraded to the windows 11 pro oem version. my question is if i purchase a windows 11 pro retail license, can i change the installed version by changing the...
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  5. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  6. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade toWindows 10 Pro Retail, so that I can move it to future computers when I retire this one. Can I simply purchaseWindows 10 Pro Retail and insert that Retail license key into the change product...
  8. Confusion between retail and oem boxes.

Confusion between retail and oem boxes.: When buying physical box of the Windows 10, how do you tell if it's Retail or OEM version? Is there a code or wording I should watch out for? I have seen image of the packaging online but there's no OEM or Retail labeling on the box. I can only check the version via cmd which...
  9. OEM Home to PRO Retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Home to PRO Retail: I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive. I added ei.cfg [EditionID] Professional [Channel] Retail [VL] 0 I also add pid.txt to automate install, After installation is complete. I...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows: Hey Guys, Apologies for the long back story. So I purchased a used laptop from a guy, only to discover a non genuine version of windows 10 PRO on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 5755) that should have originally come with Window 10 HOME. So I quickly buy an OEM version of windows 10...