Windows 10: I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?

Discus and support I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to make preinstalled Windows less Chinese and more English? I don't understand anything in Chinese and I already installed English language pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rikki.reach, Jan 21, 2019.

1. I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?

How to make preinstalled Windows less Chinese and more English? I don't understand anything in Chinese and I already installed English language pack but I cant select English language as a system language in control panel , only available option is Chinese.

Any solution, Microsoft?

:)

rikki.reach, Jan 21, 2019
  2. lydieB Win User

Change windows 10 chinese to english on laptop bought in china

I just bought a laptop in china. comes with windows 10 in Chinese. I have seen post about how to change for Chinese to English. I called the Microsoft service assistance and they ask me to pay 295 euros to get a new version! they did not offer to provide
    new KEY as previously said in a post. they have been extremely clear : I need to pay this sum to get the English version! this is a true racket! did you have o pay this amount? thks

lydieB, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Todaone Win User
    Windows 10 can't display English in chinese laptop bought in china

Hi

How do I add English to a chinese version of windows 10 on a laptop bought in china?

It says it "only allows one language pack" in chinese in the language settings. It must be a home addition.

My laptop was bought in China recently with windows8 chinese version. There was no option to change the language to English then.

I was told that in china, if you want english then you have to pay for 'windows professional 8', so they told me to wait for a windows 10 upgrade first, since its "free" for one year.

I just upgraded the chinese version of windows8 to windows10 though some language guess work during the setup since it was all in chinese, and when it finished, it still doesnt allow me to change the menus to english. I.e. its all still in chinese and says
    "only one language pack allowed. I can download some english language packs, but it doesnt allow me to change.

So my question is, do I need to pay for windows 10 professional in order to change the language? And since its "free" for one year for legitimate windows 8 upgrades, how can I use it for free for one year in english rather than chinese.

Or is there an option to select a windows 10 professional option that has multi lingual suoport (I upgraded through the automatic windows update menu, so it automatically upgraded windows 10 home edition = i.e. not through an ISO process. Do I need to do
    it through the ISO installatin process?

Hope you can explain this, coz theres many people out there who are stumped by this, not only me.

Todaone, Jan 21, 2019
  4. I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?

switching to windows 10 english version

I am currently working in China, and I have just bought a new laptop and the windows 10 installed is the Chinese version. Is there anyway i can switch to the windows 10 English version? Can I download it?

Thanks

Su YeengNgion, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English?

1. I bought a laptop in China. How to switch it to English? - Similar Threads - bought laptop China

2. I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...: Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-laptop-in-china-the-windows-is-in/bd652dde-2069-4d6a-bea4-7d95ab5e9e10
  3. I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have bought a laptop in China the windows is in English, please help me to install new...: Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bought-a-laptop-in-china-the-windows-is-in/bd652dde-2069-4d6a-bea4-7d95ab5e9e10
  4. Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English: I bought a laptop in Argentina and I cannot change the language to English. I've done everything suggested, installed the English language pack, changed the region to English, changed administrator settings etc - but English does not appear in the drop down box....
  5. Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English

Bought a laptop in Argentina and can't change language to English: I bought a laptop in Argentina and I cannot change the language to English. I've done everything suggested, installed the English language pack, changed the region to English, changed administrator settings etc - but English does not appear in the drop down box....
  6. i bought a new computer online from china and it came in chinese how do i change it to english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a new computer online from china and it came in chinese how do i change it to english: how do i change my computer from chinese to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-computer-online-from-china-and-it/f4f3e54d-49b6-4a28-bb64-e8e83a05c5c1
  7. i bought a new computer online from china and it came in chinese how do i change it to english

i bought a new computer online from china and it came in chinese how do i change it to english: how do i change my computer from chinese to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-computer-online-from-china-and-it/f4f3e54d-49b6-4a28-bb64-e8e83a05c5c1
  8. Lenovo laptop bought in China windows activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lenovo laptop bought in China windows activation issue: Hi there!I purchased in July a Lenovo laptop from jd.com Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga -- SKU: 100020822586. Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableThe laptop came with Windows 10 Home Chinese version; after investigation I...
  9. Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Chinese Language on a China bought gaming laptop: I bought a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro 16 inch laptop with AMD Ryzen 5800H RTX 3070 for my kid from an online reseller only to find out that it is in windows 10 pro china version. I cannot get through the log in page because it is in chinese. Here is what i want to achieve.1. I want...
  10. Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought a laptop in China, want to change language to English: I bought a laptop in China, but the only display language option is Chinese; it won't let me change it to English. The OEM description says CoreCountrySpecific, is this related? Is there any way I can change the language? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CAN I CHANGE LAPTOP BOUGHT IN CHINA TO ENGLISH