Windows 10: I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...

Discus and support I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a laptop here in China not knowing about the Windows 11 Home Chinese only version, so I formatted the drive, bought a license for windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike O'Connell, Nov 28, 2022.

1. I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...

I bought a laptop here in China not knowing about the Windows 11 Home Chinese only version, so I formatted the drive, bought a license for windows 10 and installed it. NOw, Windows 10 is running, but many of the devices in device manager are unrecognized and I do not have a netword card in device manager, only 8 WAN miniports. I'm trying to find the drivers, but I can't and I'm starting to think it might be impossible;

:)

Mike O'Connell, Nov 28, 2022
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Laptop bought in China having chinese language and not able change the language

If you bought the laptop in China, it was installed with the localized Chinese version of Windows. If you want the English version of Windows, you have to buy that version of Windows and install it (via clean install) on your laptop.

BulldogXX, Nov 28, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Anusha Win User

I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...

Installing English version of Windows 7 on a laptop that came with Japanese version

Hi guys,

I finally bought a small laptop and t came with the Japanese version of Windows 7 x64. It is an Asus UL20A. Now, since I have an English version of Windows 7 Home Premium (32bit) with me, can I install that and put the CD Key which came with laptop to activate? Or do I have to find a special OEM disk to do this?

There are few reasons why I wanna do this.
    1. Although I managed to change the interface to English, it is not as good as the native English version. At some places, the fonts are too small and ugly.
    2. I need to install 32bit Windows so that I can save a little bit more RAM.
    3. I need to make the C drive smaller. However, I don't know how this will affect the recovery partition. Can I simply format the drive where Windows is currently installed in, and install Windows 7 in there? Will I be able to recover to the original state (if the need to do so arises) by using that partition (by pressing F9 when booting up)? Though I have the recovery disks with me, the laptop doesn't come with an optical drive. So they are useless. Recovery partition is important.

Anusha, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...

1. I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed... - Similar Threads - bought laptop home

2. Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home Single Language: Hello, I recently bought a laptop in China which has windows 11 single language, so I can't not change the language of the system. I want to know if I buy a Windows 11 home key and activate it in my computer will I be able to change the display language of my computer?...
  3. Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home Single Language: Hello, I recently bought a laptop in China which has windows 11 single language, so I can't not change the language of the system. I want to know if I buy a Windows 11 home key and activate it in my computer will I be able to change the display language of my computer?...
  4. I an buying a new laptop here in China but it has the Windows 11 Chinese Home version. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I an buying a new laptop here in China but it has the Windows 11 Chinese Home version. Is...: I m buying a new laptop here in China but it has the Windows 11 Chinese Home version. Is it possible to perchase an English version and over ride the Chinese?...
  5. I an buying a new laptop here in China but it has the Windows 11 Chinese Home version. Is...

I an buying a new laptop here in China but it has the Windows 11 Chinese Home version. Is...: I m buying a new laptop here in China but it has the Windows 11 Chinese Home version. Is it possible to perchase an English version and over ride the Chinese?...
  6. I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...: I bought a laptop here in China not knowing about the Windows 11 Home Chinese only version, so I formatted the drive, bought a license for windows 10 and installed it. NOw, Windows 10 is running, but many of the devices in device manager are unrecognized and I do not have a...
  7. I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...

I bought a laptop with WIndows home Chinese only version then formatted and installed...: I bought a laptop here in China not knowing about the Windows 11 Home Chinese only version, so I formatted the drive, bought a license for windows 10 and installed it. NOw, Windows 10 is running, but many of the devices in device manager are unrecognized and I do not have a...
  8. Window 11 Home Chinese Keyboard Desktop Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Home Chinese Keyboard Desktop Only: Hi,My Lenovo laptop had installed Chinese keyboard. But it display desktop only which I can't see the keyboard under the language bar. Kindly advise....
  9. Window 11 Home Chinese Keyboard Desktop Only

Window 11 Home Chinese Keyboard Desktop Only: Hi,My Lenovo laptop had installed Chinese keyboard. But it display desktop only which I can't see the keyboard under the language bar. Kindly advise....
  10. About chinese version of windows 10 Home.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About chinese version of windows 10 Home.: Anyone who have windows 10 Home chinese version can tell me advantage and disadvantage of this version? specially what common problem we face in this version....