Windows 10: I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with...

Discus and support I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I live in the middle east and i bought a Lenovo thinkpad laptop which only comes with DOS no windows installed, and the shop mentioned that they can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnjohn12345, Jan 10, 2021.

1. I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with...

I live in the middle east and i bought a Lenovo thinkpad laptop which only comes with DOS no windows installed, and the shop mentioned that they can install a licensed windows 10 pro for only 60 USd,, so is this normal? the license was inside a label on the back of my laptop and i have scratch it and i enter the license key and my windows 10 pro go activated without issues.

here is the label on the back of my laptop:-

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... 3d5ec505-5200-4ad2-95dc-3cbe5ca4e047?upload=true.jpg

here is the license details:-

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... cfdc8c8a-3d1f-486f-b3bb-1945e83e68f7?upload=true.jpg

So am i fine? as i know that windows 10 pro can cost around 200 USD and not 60USD!

:)

johnjohn12345, Jan 10, 2021

2. Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad S431 Laptop

Lenovo is putting TrackPoint into their IdeaPad laptops and call them ThinkPad.

Madn3ss795, Jan 10, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Lenovo Re-Energizes ThinkPad Brand with Edge Series Laptops

Lenovo today announced a new ThinkPad laptop Series, simply called “ThinkPad Edge,” with 13, 14 and 15 inch models designed specifically for the small to medium sized business (SMB). The 13 inch model represents the first ThinkPad laptop to offer AMD dual core processor technology and to be offered on AMD’s VISION Pro Technology. In addition to performance, the new laptops are designed with style and affordability in mind for today’s budget-conscious customers. For example, they include new rich and vibrant color choices and a new contemporary keyboard. Lenovo is also expanding its retail sales channel to offer select ThinkPad Edge models in Best Buy stores.

“Small to medium business customers tell us they want PCs with bold yet professional designs, uncompromising durability and reliability with the latest technologies that meets their budgets,” said Fran O’Sullivan, senior vice president, Think Product Group, Lenovo. “Our answer is the new ThinkPad Edge family of laptops. They deliver stunning technology and powerful performance at an unprecedented value.”

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... 19a_thm.jpg

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... 19b_thm.jpg

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... 19c_thm.jpg

Sophisticated and Simple Design
    The ThinkPad Edge Series laptops reflect a new progressive and strikingly clean appearance while retaining ThinkPad durability and reliability. For example, the laptops include spill-resistant keyboards and value-added ThinkVantage Technologies like the Active Protection System and Rescue and Recovery.

However, the new laptops blend expressive design and ease of use in several new ways:

Contemporary Keyboard – A new contemporary keyboard gives the laptop a clean and inviting look. Uniform black keys and removal of the embedded number pad also help create a modern design. The Function keys have even been re-designed so that users only need to use one finger to access multimedia functions and more. Other rarely used keys like System Request have been removed. Additionally, select models of the ThinkPad Edge 14 and 15 inch versions will come with illuminated keyboards for visibility in low light conditions while adding a touch of elegance to the keyboard.

Expanded Touchpad – A large multitouch touchpad provides an oversized landing pad for fingers to pinch, zoom and scroll. Expressive, Colorful Palette – Midnight glossy or midnight soft black remain the traditional color for business, but for those who want to make a statement, ThinkPad Edge laptops come in heatwave red too. Additionally, a sleek silver band frames the exterior of the laptop.

SMB Performance Gets New Edge
    SMBs “are a 24 x 7 business,” and their PC technology reflects their personal brand. Lenovo designed the ThinkPad Edge Series specifically to give these customers stylish and eye-catching designs with high performance, reliability and the latest technologies including:
    • Great performance with choices of AMD Turion and Athlon Neo dual core processors or Intel Core 2 Duo ultra low voltage and standard dual core processors.
    • Optimized for Windows 7 under Lenovo’s Enhanced Experience program Long battery life of over eight hours2 Wireless connectivity technologies including WiFi and optional Bluetooth, 3G and WiMAX
    • Crisp and clear voice over Internet protocol with Skype software, high definition speakers, high resolution, low light sensitivity cameras and microphone and camera mute keys Commitment to green technology.
    The laptops carry a Gold rating from the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool and meet Energy Star 5.0. The Edge laptops contain no foam and use many materials which are derived from 100 percent recycled content, such as thermoplastic, sugarcane or sorghum.

“Expanding our relationship with Lenovo to include ThinkPad laptops represents a turning point for AMD’s commercial client business and creates enormous opportunity for both companies,” said Leslie Sobon, vice president, Product Marketing, AMD. “By basing these laptops on VISION Pro Technology, Lenovo is enabling customers to gain a competitive advantage with performance you can see on today’s collaboration and visual productivity applications, unbeatable value at every price point and a means of eliminating IT headaches through open standards manageability and security features.”

Total Service and Support
    Lenovo also offers a full suite of flexible service and support solutions for the new ThinkPad Edge Series. Lenovo-branded services give customers and business partners a single source solution that helps minimize risks and increases protection and productivity.

These services include: ThinkPad Protection to protect from unexpected repair costs in case of accidents or spills Priority Support for 24/7 tech-to-tech support Hard Disk Drive Retention that lets customer keep their failed or damaged hard drive to ensure data remains safely in their hands

Pricing and Availability
    The ThinkPad Edge 13 inch version will be available immediately with models starting at approximately $549 through Lenovo Business Partners and www.lenovo.com. The 14 and 15 inch versions will be available starting in 2Q 2010. Best Buy stores in the U.S. will offer the 14 inch version.

btarunr, Jan 10, 2021
  4. I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with...

Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad S431 Laptop

Lenovo today announced its new ThinkPad S431, a premium laptop PC featuring an elegant floating design and touchscreen display. Optimized for Windows 8, the ThinkPad S431 offers enhanced performance and 15 percent faster processor speed than previous generations. The laptop is ideal for professionals who want a combination of style and substance. It is also a fit for small businesses that need a laptop to do it all – great performance for work tasks and an excellent experience for personal computing.

"The progressive design of our ThinkPad S431 will help small businesses impress their customers. We pack a punch behind that style, however, as we are committed to delivering genuine substance," said Jerry Paradise, executive director, Think Business Group. "The ThinkPad S431 offers an intuitive Windows 8 experience with the power needed to accelerate productivity."

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... lenovo_thinkpad_s431_01_thm.jpg

The S431 is one of the first ThinkPads to feature Lenovo OneLink technology, which allows users to connect to the ThinkPad OneLink Dock with a single cable for dedicated video, additional USB 3.0 ports and gigabit Ethernet, all while powering the system.

Chic, stylish design

Featuring an ultra-thin bezel, the ThinkPad S431 is able to fit a 14-inch LCD screen in a 13-inch frame. The aesthetic exterior includes bevelled edges on the front and side, giving the illusion that the PC is floating and making the 20.5 mm frame look even thinner. A real aluminum LCD cover, available in fashion-forward silver or graphite black, is sand blasted and anodized, making it smooth to the touch for a premium feel.

The ThinkPad S431 also boasts a simplified interior with a five-button clickpad with glass surface to eliminate clutter, adding to the overall clean look of the laptop.

Easy, interactive experience

The ThinkPad S431 comes with a multi-finger touchscreen that makes swiping, selecting apps and resizing images a breeze – allowing Windows 8 to be used as intended. The display features 180-degree open angle that lets users interact with the laptop in a number of usage modes and improves the overall touch experience.

The ThinkPad S431 has a six-row backlit keyboard that includes Windows 8 optimized shortcut keys. Additionally, the large, responsive touchpad supports Windows 8 gestures, providing users with a powerful and intuitive way to be more productive and interactive with their laptop.

Power for performance

The ThinkPad S431 is powered by Intel 3rd generation Core processors, making it 15 percent faster than its predecessor with up to nine hours of battery life. With up to 8 GB of memory and 500 GB of storage, users don't have to sacrifice responsiveness for performance. The S431 can store up to 150,000 MP3s or 250 full-length feature films. The laptop features two USB 3.0 ports for fast data transfer.

Mainstream laptops designed for performance

First announced at CES, the mainstream ThinkPad Edge E431 and E531 are now available for purchase. For small businesses on a budget, the E431 and E531 laptops also include Lenovo OneLink technology for new docking capabilities. In addition to touch functionality, the slim ThinkPad Edge E431 and E531 laptops feature improved graphics options for more vivid content on their displays, up to full HD, and a five-button touchpad lets users control Windows 8 features from the keyboard.

Pricing and availability

The ThinkPad S431 is available beginning June 2013 from business partners and on www.lenovo.com. Pricing for the ThinkPad S431 starts at $699. The ThinkPad OneLink Dock is available beginning May 21.

The ThinkPad Edge E431 and E531 are available beginning April 30 from business partners and on www.lenovo.com. Pricing for the ThinkPad Edge E431 and E531 starts at $509.

Cristian_25H, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with...

1. I bought a lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the shop offered me a licensed Windows 10 Pro with... - Similar Threads - bought lenovo ThinkPad

2. Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop T590 Windows 10 Pro OS Upgrade , how do I the uninstall the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop T590 Windows 10 Pro OS Upgrade , how do I the uninstall the...: Each time I attempt to upgrade my W10Pro OS I receive the following prompt see image , are there any other Lenovo users that have encountered the same problem and now know how to remove the Infineon TPM app ?...
  3. Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop T590 Windows 10 Pro OS Upgrade , how do I the uninstall the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop T590 Windows 10 Pro OS Upgrade , how do I the uninstall the...: Each time I attempt to upgrade my W10Pro OS I receive the following prompt see image , are there any other Lenovo users that have encountered the same problem and now know how to remove the Infineon TPM app ?...
  4. hi i just bought the lenovo thinkpad with the snapdragon 8cx gen3 but its asking me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i just bought the lenovo thinkpad with the snapdragon 8cx gen3 but its asking me to...: hi i just bought the lenovo thinkpad with the snapdragon 8cx gen3 but its asking me to update video driver before it will run any app do anyone have any link pls...
  5. hi i just bought the lenovo thinkpad with the snapdragon 8cx gen3 but its asking me to...

hi i just bought the lenovo thinkpad with the snapdragon 8cx gen3 but its asking me to...: hi i just bought the lenovo thinkpad with the snapdragon 8cx gen3 but its asking me to update video driver before it will run any app do anyone have any link pls...
  6. Lenovo Thinkpad School Laptop Wont let me login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo Thinkpad School Laptop Wont let me login.: I've been searching across this forum for somebody with this same problem but I've seen none that have a problem that is exactly like mine or a solution that works.When I try to sign in with my normal school login it doesn't wait or try to login, It instantly denies and says...
  7. Lenovo Thinkpad School Laptop Wont let me login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad School Laptop Wont let me login.: I've been searching across this forum for somebody with this same problem but I've seen none that have a problem that is exactly like mine or a solution that works.When I try to sign in with my normal school login it doesn't wait or try to login, It instantly denies and says...
  8. Lenovo Thinkpad School Laptop Wont let me login.

9. New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 News
    New updated Lenovo ThinkPad Windows 10 laptops: Lenovo’s latest additions to its ThinkPad portfolio include a completely redesigned X13 and X13 Yoga with 16:10 aspect ratio displays and updated T and L series. The company also introduced a new premium display and refreshed ThinkPad mobile workstations with...
  10. Downloading to my laptop Lenovo THINKPAD.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading to my laptop Lenovo THINKPAD.: I want to download apps to my laptop but, whenever I try my mobile is the only device listed. How do I download to my Lenovo? Thank you very much. I have Windows Pro 10....