Windows 10: I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...

Discus and support I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The USB receiver works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. I can hear when it is not working because I get the tone from my computer that a USB device has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ATK - Mark Walton, May 23, 2023.

1. I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...

The USB receiver works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. I can hear when it is not working because I get the tone from my computer that a USB device has been unplugged.The OS is Windows 10The machine is a HP ZBook Fury Mobile Workstation PC

:)

ATK - Mark Walton, May 23, 2023

2. microsoft sculpt keyboard/mouse combo

This is the second keyboard combo I have received in as many days. I am having the same issue for both, so now I'm thinking maybe it's me, and that I need to ask someone from Microsoft's community instead of where I bought it from.....The back will not stay on my mouse after removing the USB dongle for wireless communication. The pictorial instructions clearly show the bottom cover on the mouse. Is it because the dongle isn't in there helping the magnets keep this on? Does it matter whether this thing is on there or not? Thanks in advance!

DanielleRivera1, May 23, 2023
  3. How to troubleshoot the USB receiver mouse lagging issue?

Hi there

We have this issue on one of our machines. It has a lag on the mouse as well occasionally on the keyboard as well. The mouse and keyboard are using a single USB receiver. It's random but yesterday it happen regularly.

What the troubleshooting steps so far:

* The machine has 2 USB ports and tried all of them it's same issue
    * Update the driver - it's pretty generic and it's updated
    * The trackpad is fine and built-in keyboard - no lagging
    * Tested those 2 USB mouse and keyboard on other machine - worked well - no lagging
    * Tested with other USB receiver mouse only and it's not bad as the current one but it can see the lagging.
    * Bought a new HP mouse and keyboard USB receiver, tested and it's same result.
    * Use the Bluetooth mouse and wired keyboard. Worked well - NO lagging so far for last 2 days !!!
    * Been escalated to Dell Support as well - but no news as yet

Not sure what causing this. Any ideas?

This is our environment:
    Dell Latitude laptop
    Dell monitor
    Windows 10 Version 2004
    Toshiba Dynadock docking station
    Microsoft USB mouse and keyboard
    HP USB mouse and keyboard
    Microsoft Bluetooth mouse
    Microsoft wired keyboard

I'm appreciated your help and pointer.

Thanks

dcpartners, May 23, 2023
Thema:

I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...

1. I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is... - Similar Threads - bought Microsoft Mouse

2. I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...: The USB receiver works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. I can hear when it is not working because I get the tone from my computer that a USB device has been unplugged.The OS is Windows 10The machine is a HP ZBook Fury Mobile Workstation PC...
  3. I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Combo about 4 months ago. The USB receiver is...: The USB receiver works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. I can hear when it is not working because I get the tone from my computer that a USB device has been unplugged.The OS is Windows 10The machine is a HP ZBook Fury Mobile Workstation PC...
  4. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  5. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

wisfox keyboard and mouse combo: Is there anyone else out there had a problem with the keyboard above. Every time I try to it the drivers for the Micro plug will not download, which means both the keyboard and mouse are just a good door stop. All my USB connections are working fine I have all my printers in...
  6. wisfox keyboard and mouse combo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  8. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  9. Sculpt mouse without USB dongle won't work with Keyboard Mouse USB combo

Sculpt mouse without USB dongle won't work with Keyboard Mouse USB combo: So I own the sculpt comfort desktop combo (link below). It came with a keyboard, sculpt mouse and USB receiver. https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/products/keyboards/sculpt-comfort-desktop/l3v-00002 The right click on the mouse stopped working so I ordered a new...
  10. USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working

USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working: hi guys my mouse and keyboard has just dropped out this is build 10130 has been working perfik on all previous releases any idea's was working ok after upgrade 6920