Windows 10: I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft.

Discus and support I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I wanted to play Minecraft with my friends so I redeemed Minecraft on a website that it had said on the back of the gift card I had purchased. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheCatOnAGame, Sep 29, 2019.

1. I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft.

So I wanted to play Minecraft with my friends so I redeemed Minecraft on a website that it had said on the back of the gift card I had purchased. So, after doing this I played and I couldn't play with my friends on It getting frustrated my friend explained to me that I had redeemed the OLD MINECRAFT instead of the newer one on web-store. So, I researched and if I had bought Minecraft java before October of 2018 I could get Bedrock for free, but sadly it's September 2019, and I probably just wasted thirty dollars. There is always Christmas money, I guess.

:)

TheCatOnAGame, Sep 29, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 29, 2019
  3. noahcoye Win User
    MineCraft

I had Bought a Minecraft gift card that when i redeemed it i would get minecraft java edition. When peeling of the sticker at the back i tore the code and wasnt able to see the full code may i please get a new code to redeem my pre paid card.

noahcoye, Sep 29, 2019
  4. I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft.

minecraft windows 10 redeem code

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the redemption of Minecraft game. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• When did you received the redemption code for Minecraft Windows 10 edition?
    • Are you signing with same Microsoft account to install the game, which you used to redeem/purchase the Minecraft game?
    • Were you be able to play this game prior to this issue, was there any changes made in the PC?

However, you can check the
    Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account
    article and check if that helps. If you still face the issue please reply to in-private message sent and also check with the Mojang support.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft.

1. I bought a minecraft gift card and redeemed it for the old version of minecraft. - Similar Threads - bought minecraft gift

2. can i redeem a code from a minecraft java and bedrock gift card to my minecraft switch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i redeem a code from a minecraft java and bedrock gift card to my minecraft switch...: My granddaughter received a gift card for Minecraft Java or Bedrock for the PC. She does not have a PC. She currently plays Minecraft on her Nintendo Switch. Is there any way that she can use the gift card to buy minecoins or modifications on her Switch?...
  3. can i redeem a code from a minecraft java and bedrock gift card to my minecraft switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i redeem a code from a minecraft java and bedrock gift card to my minecraft switch...: My granddaughter received a gift card for Minecraft Java or Bedrock for the PC. She does not have a PC. She currently plays Minecraft on her Nintendo Switch. Is there any way that she can use the gift card to buy minecoins or modifications on her Switch?...
  4. I have an old Minecraft Gift Card I forgot in a drawer. Can't redeem code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old Minecraft Gift Card I forgot in a drawer. Can't redeem code: Hi,I have an old Minecraft gift card I forgot in a drawer. I migrated to Microsoft since then, and now I can't figure out how to redeem it. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. I have an old Minecraft Gift Card I forgot in a drawer. Can't redeem code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old Minecraft Gift Card I forgot in a drawer. Can't redeem code: Hi,I have an old Minecraft gift card I forgot in a drawer. I migrated to Microsoft since then, and now I can't figure out how to redeem it. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Gift card not redeeming!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gift card not redeeming!: I'm trying to redeem my gift card but the thing keeps saying "PUR-UnknownExternalError and wait a bit" i'm confused on what to do. Really need some help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gift-card-not-redeeming/0b160ce1-142a-466f-a6bd-f4c8ae35bf55
  7. Bought the Wrong Minecraft as a Gift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought the Wrong Minecraft as a Gift: I purchased Minecraft for a friend but we both only realized that I bought the wrong version AFTER he redeemed it. Both he and I are unable to do any sort of return from either account. Very upset I just wasted 40 dollars....
  8. Minecraft coins gift card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft coins gift card: My sons bought a minecoins card from best buy for 19.99 that cant be taken back. The card says compatible with Nintendo switch and two other systems, yet the password code we got in email and receipt only works for an xbox 1. How can they redeem the coins or do they just...
  9. Minecraft redeem code wont work-it was a gift-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft redeem code wont work-it was a gift-: Hi! So i recently purchased minecraft for win10 for my brother for his BD. And i sent it to my mother’s email address as a gift. She got the code but she could not redeem it because i purchased it in another region or at least thats what the system said when she tried to...
  10. Bought Minecraft as a gift, my daughter can't redeem the code, it says it's from a...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought Minecraft as a gift, my daughter can't redeem the code, it says it's from a...: In my account > order history there's no cancel or ask for a refund option. Nowhere on microsofts site there is not a single e-mail address to contact them about issues, it's all jumping from support article to another and doing circles. A virtual assisstant got me on a chat...