Windows 10: I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

Discus and support I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new computer. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gilbert1957_113, Dec 8, 2018.

1. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new computer. Help!

:)

Gilbert1957_113, Dec 8, 2018

2. Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

I have switched to a new HP computer and have not used my old computer for a long while. Today I suddenly found some of the items in the favorites list of my old HP for no reason whatever appended to my favorites list of Internet Explorer 11 of my new
    HP computer. Is there any reason since the old computer is not even in use?

HenryWong1, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

Thank you for your reply, IECUSTOMIZER. Actually, while my old HP computer (no longer working i.e. dead) was using Windows 8.1 and IE 11 and my new HP computer was under Windows 10 and IE 11. Assuming your answer to be correct, this has to be the most nonsensical
    feature present in HP computers. When I made my first post here, only SOME old favorites were put back into my new computer, and for simplicity I just deleted them. But now, just before typing here again, I found that ALL of the old favorites list from the
    "dead" computer have AGAIN been added back to my new computer. In other words, I can't even delete any of the items in my old favorites list - since, to repeat, that old computer was already dead.

I find this highly disturbing, as your answer suggests that information were collected and stored by companies even from machines that have not even been in use for a long time.

HenryWong1, Dec 8, 2018
  4. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

What was your question?

I have switched to a new HP computer and have not used my old computer for a long while. Today I suddenly found some of the items in the favorites list of
    my old HP for no reason whatever appended to my favorites list of Internet Explorer 11 of my
    new HP computer. Is there any reason since the old computer is not even in use?

Well keep on lookin! <plonk alt="the sound my head makes hitting the desk"/>

IECUSTOMIZER, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

1. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new... - Similar Threads - bought compute trying

2. My Documents Folder Is Unavailable On My Brand New Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents Folder Is Unavailable On My Brand New Computer: I recently purchased a new HP Envy, Windows 10 laptop. I am attempting to transfer my files from the old Windows 10 computer to this new one using a backup with an external hard drive using File History. When I attempt to "Restore" the files to the new computer I recieve this...
  3. i am trying to connect new smart tv to computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    i am trying to connect new smart tv to computer.: the only thing that is displayed on my tv is my desktop and taskbar with no apps or mouse cursor and that never changes on tv. sometimes the mouse cursor will appear on tv and disappear on laptop screen. it worked fine before but I think I messed something up in computer...
  4. If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?

If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?: no details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-payed-for-an-app-on-my-old-computer-can-i/c9421db6-8ea3-452b-b392-c4a666a94bdb"
  5. Transfer "favorites" to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer "favorites" to new computer: I wish to transfer my "Favorites" from my old computer to my new computer. Both are Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-favorites-to-new-computer/ce4d5055-0808-41c1-b7fb-1b30e5e3c7f9
  6. bought a new replacement for my hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bought a new replacement for my hdd: I just bought a new HDD and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer everything to the new HDD without having to buy windows. I just want to get rid of my old HDD....
  7. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  8. move my documents to a new computer

move my documents to a new computer: how to i move my documents from my old windows 10 computer to my new windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-my-documents-to-a-new-computer/fc332e1a-7bb2-481c-b117-36502aca9549"
  9. transfer old files documents photos and favorites from old tablet to new laptop? old tablet...

transfer old files documents photos and favorites from old tablet to new laptop? old tablet...: how do I get all my files from old tablet to my new laptop sounds easy but looks hard... im using same emails as before do I need a transfer cord plugged in to tablet it will not turn on fully charged new laptop up and running need help early Christmas gift...
  10. Edge not synching favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not synching favorites: Edge was synching favorites nicely till recently - probably until the Fall Creators Update. Now it's stopped synching. I have 2 computers with the same windows login account and both set to synch in both windows and edge. I've tried an alternative dns server (8.8.8.8)...