Windows 10: I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

Discus and support I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new computer. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gilbert1957_113, Dec 8, 2018.

1. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new computer. Help!

:)

Gilbert1957_113, Dec 8, 2018

2. Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

I have switched to a new HP computer and have not used my old computer for a long while. Today I suddenly found some of the items in the favorites list of my old HP for no reason whatever appended to my favorites list of Internet Explorer 11 of my new
    HP computer. Is there any reason since the old computer is not even in use?

HenryWong1, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

Thank you for your reply, IECUSTOMIZER. Actually, while my old HP computer (no longer working i.e. dead) was using Windows 8.1 and IE 11 and my new HP computer was under Windows 10 and IE 11. Assuming your answer to be correct, this has to be the most nonsensical
    feature present in HP computers. When I made my first post here, only SOME old favorites were put back into my new computer, and for simplicity I just deleted them. But now, just before typing here again, I found that ALL of the old favorites list from the
    "dead" computer have AGAIN been added back to my new computer. In other words, I can't even delete any of the items in my old favorites list - since, to repeat, that old computer was already dead.

I find this highly disturbing, as your answer suggests that information were collected and stored by companies even from machines that have not even been in use for a long time.

HenryWong1, Dec 8, 2018
  4. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

Favorites of Internet Explorer of old computer suddenly added to favorites list of new computer without any action

What was your question?

I have switched to a new HP computer and have not used my old computer for a long while. Today I suddenly found some of the items in the favorites list of
    my old HP for no reason whatever appended to my favorites list of Internet Explorer 11 of my
    new HP computer. Is there any reason since the old computer is not even in use?

Well keep on lookin! <plonk alt="the sound my head makes hitting the desk"/>

IECUSTOMIZER, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new...

1. I bought a new compute and am trying to synch my old favorites and documents with my new... - Similar Threads - bought compute trying

2. i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer: i need to find my key for windows as i am updating my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-find-my-windows-key-for-a-new/3e3c6e37-8762-4b2f-b6ac-12a6a29809bf
  3. i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am trying to find my windows key for a new computer: i need to find my key for windows as i am updating my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-find-my-windows-key-for-a-new/3e3c6e37-8762-4b2f-b6ac-12a6a29809bf
  4. I am trying to restore a backup to my new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to restore a backup to my new computer: I am trying to restore an external HD backup to my new computer. I am following the directions, but it keeps asking me for a network address. My backup is not on a network drive....
  5. I am trying to restore a backup to my new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am trying to restore a backup to my new computer: I am trying to restore an external HD backup to my new computer. I am following the directions, but it keeps asking me for a network address. My backup is not on a network drive....
  6. I am trying to restore a backup to my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Old computer to a Brand new computer

in Windows 10 Support
    My Old computer to a Brand new computer: I have been running a HP Pavilion P7-1410 with operating version Windows 8.1. 6.3 I went out and bought a New HP Pavilion Both are desktops TP01-0165z operating version Windows 10 version number not sure haven't even hooked it up yet completely brand new.. I also have...
  8. I bought a new ssd for my computer

I bought a new ssd for my computer: Hi. Some months ago i bought a new ssd and i installed windwos on it. Everything was fine but i couldn't format my old ssd i tried everything cmd, diskpart 3rd party applications etc. But nothing was working, i was able to delete the windows folder but formatting the ssd...
  9. Transfer "favorites" to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer "favorites" to new computer: I wish to transfer my "Favorites" from my old computer to my new computer. Both are Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-favorites-to-new-computer/ce4d5055-0808-41c1-b7fb-1b30e5e3c7f9
  10. move my documents to a new computer

move my documents to a new computer: how to i move my documents from my old windows 10 computer to my new windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-my-documents-to-a-new-computer/fc332e1a-7bb2-481c-b117-36502aca9549"