Windows 10: I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my...

Discus and support I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my emails from my msn account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PamHull1, Feb 9, 2019.

1. PamHull1 Win User

I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my...

I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my emails from my msn account

:)

PamHull1, Feb 9, 2019

2. Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, then bought new computer and trying to activate here instead.

You could honestly make this easy on yourself by using the Windows 7 Professional key to reactivate on the new machine by chat support.

The thing you are trying to do is use the activation troubleshooter to reactivate the license on the new machine.

But that is more helpful if you are using the old machine, not the newly built machine.

Also, lets keep in mind, we don't know the origin of the Windows 7 license.

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Sharmard Win User
    operating system language problem

I have upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 in August 2015. Since then I am struggling to change the operating system language but not able to do it as I cannot understand Dutch in which the system got upgraded. I bought this lenovo laptop from Netherlands,
    so it has default operating system language as dutch. I tried many tips suggested online to change it but not able to change it. Please suggest how can I get rid of these problem. I want to have administrative language as English. Please suggest step by step
    procedure. It is even difficult to figure out which is pc setting option, recovery option or update option in dutch.

Thank you.

Sharmard, Feb 9, 2019
  4. I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my...

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my...

1. I bought a new computer with an upgraded operating system (from 7 to 10) and cannot get my... - Similar Threads - bought computer upgraded

2. cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10: Hello,I am facing a problem trying to upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10.Please can you Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-my-labtop-from-windows-7-to-10/15c33c4d-c8ab-4746-a375-a2676b710bc2
  3. cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10: Hello,I am facing a problem trying to upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10.Please can you Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-my-labtop-from-windows-7-to-10/15c33c4d-c8ab-4746-a375-a2676b710bc2
  4. OPERATING SYSTEM UPGRADE

OPERATING SYSTEM UPGRADE: I have a computer using windows 8.1. Microsoft has informed me that support for 8.1 has ended. I don't use on-line banking, don't stream music or video, or google unknown sites. I use outlook 2013 for e-mails. I have had no issues with security. Do I have to upgrade to...
  5. Upgrade of operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade of operating system: Dear Team,I bought a laptop with windows 10 home edition default licensed. It has now got upgraded to windows 11 insider preview in july 2021. I am now unable to roll back. Please clarify me how to download and upgrade to windows 10 pro license version from Microsoft site...
  6. Upgrade of operating system

Upgrade of operating system: Dear Team,I bought a laptop with windows 10 home edition default licensed. It has now got upgraded to windows 11 insider preview in july 2021. I am now unable to roll back. Please clarify me how to download and upgrade to windows 10 pro license version from Microsoft site...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 + new system HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 7 + new system HDD: I have an old windows 7 machine I'd like to upgrade to Win10. The existing SSD is chronically out of space (128G), so I bought a new one (512G) to do a fresh install. I think what I have to do is: Use a different PC for the media creation tool, make a boot USB stick...
  8. I cannot upgrade Windows 7 computer to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot upgrade Windows 7 computer to Windows 10: I was trying to upgrade but got error: processor doesn't support a critical feature LAHF/SAHF. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-windows-7-computer-to-windows-10/abc70f92-f61b-4684-9184-aef980395279
  9. Londing an operating system into a new computer

Londing an operating system into a new computer: Recently I build a new computer and as I try to load microsoft operating system I downloaded into my flash card from microsoft, it asked me to enter the product key. Since I did not recieve yet the product key for the new operating system from microsoft yesterday, I tried to...
  10. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer

cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer: I have been trying to install windows 10 on my laptop which is currently running windows 7 pro i keep getting the error code 0x80070005 - 2000a I am not sure how to get around this if anyone can help that would be great....