Windows 10: I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license

Discus and support I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had a VAIO Laptop and I was using windows 10 pro on it with a digital license. Now I disconnect my previous one from Microsoft account and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Behzad Bahrami Joo, Feb 26, 2020.

1. I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license

Hi,

I had a VAIO Laptop and I was using windows 10 pro on it with a digital license. Now I disconnect my previous one from Microsoft account and now I want to activate my new one with it. Is that even possible?

Best Regards,

:)

Behzad Bahrami Joo, Feb 26, 2020
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Feb 26, 2020
  3. AhmadH. Win User
    Transferring Digital License to new PC

Hello,

I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer using the digital license I have connected to my Microsoft account. I bought Windows 10 Pro digitally from Microsoft a few years ago and have been running it on my laptop since. My new desktop is
    meant to replace my laptop. Following some guides online, I started the Activation Troubleshooter and clicked on "I changed hardware on this device recently." It opens a list of devices that I'm signed in on so I can choose which one to activate. My new desktop
    PC doesn't show up in that list though.

I finished installing Windows on my new PC last night, so I'm not sure if some kind of activation servers need time to update the list of devices my Microsoft account is running on. But I guess this is why I'm posting this question here.

Just to be clear, I will be using my desktop as my main PC, which I want Windows activated on. My laptop is just going into storage or something, so the account should be deactivated on it.

AhmadH., Feb 26, 2020
  4. Jguo65 Win User

I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Hi,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need
    to activate windows. I was under the assumption that the digital license I had would follow my account, so when I would log in it would activate windows but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Do I need to deactivate the digital license on the previous motherboard/SSD first before I can reactivate on my new hardware? That is the only other explanation I could think of as to why this isn't working, but I don't want to deactivate my digital license
    on my old hardware only to have this issue persist on my current new hardware. Could I get confirmation? And if so, can I also get steps on how to properly dissociate my digital license from the old hardware before I can use it for my new hardware?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jguo65, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license

1. I bought a new Laptop and I wonder if I can activate new one with my digital license - Similar Threads - bought Laptop wonder

2. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  3. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  4. Can I transfer the Microsoft license to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer the Microsoft license to my new laptop?: Hi,I bought a Microsoft License from BAOZUN HONGKONG LIMITED a few years back then, I have recently changed to a new laptop, and I am wondering can I transfer the license to my new laptop?...
  5. Can I transfer the Microsoft license to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer the Microsoft license to my new laptop?: Hi,I bought a Microsoft License from BAOZUN HONGKONG LIMITED a few years back then, I have recently changed to a new laptop, and I am wondering can I transfer the license to my new laptop?...
  6. Can I transfer the Microsoft license to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how i can delete Digital License Activation

how i can delete Digital License Activation: Hello ,I was using a crack to activate Windows and I thought I removed it, but it turned out that it is still there and every copy of Windows I install on this device is activated by this crack and I tried to remove it from this device but I could not, and I cannot use this...
  8. I couldnt activate my digital license

I couldnt activate my digital license: hi all i changed my computer hardware but now i can't activate my digital licensed windows 10 pro. i did these steps 1 - login my microsoft account and i remove old desktop 2 - my new desktop appeared on microsoft account and 3 - when i go - startup > options >...
  9. Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license.

Bought a new PC and I'm trying to active my digital license.: I had Windows 7 a few years back (I still have the activation key for it) and I used the free upgrade to Windows 10 which I associated with my Microsoft account. Now I bought a new PC, installed Windows and logged in on my account but it doesn't activate Windows. It gives me...
  10. Can I Transfer windows digital License to a new PC.

Can I Transfer windows digital License to a new PC.: Recently I bought a new laptop that has windows 10 home pre-installed and activated. but I have a windows 10 pro license linked to my Microsoft account which was for my previous laptop. My previous laptop is currently in not working condition. So is it possible to...