Windows 10: i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...

Discus and support i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need quick assist. I subscribe to Microsoft 365 and I wish to install it on my friend's computer. How do I do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sandra jarboe, May 21, 2023.

1. i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...

I need quick assist. I subscribe to Microsoft 365 and I wish to install it on my friend's computer. How do I do it?

:)

sandra jarboe, May 21, 2023

2. Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc

Hi All,

I recently bought a new pc as my old one is dying!
    The first thing I wanted to do was get my email up and running on the new pc so I exported my Outlook (365) data on the old one to a .pst file. So far so good.
    On my new machine I accessed the Office 365 site and opened my account and set it up on my new pc.
    I then imported the .pst file to the new instance of Outlook in the new pc. So far so good.....ish!
    All the email folders and content showed up with the remark "This pc only" in brackets and the Contacts and Calendar appeared is inbox files, also marked "this pc only" in brackets.

I have since found a site online that says the normal steps are to go to the Office 365 site, sign in, then delete the old pc from the list before setting up the new one and importing the .pst file.

So my question is what I should do now.

Should I delete both pcs from the account and start again, or can I simply delete the old one and everything will fall into place?

Or what?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit of a techno-moron/dummy!

Thanks,
    John

CargoMatatu, May 21, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft 365 Current Channel v2303 build 16227.20258 - April 4

UPDATE 4/11: New Microsoft 365 Current Channel v2303 build 16227.20280 - April 11

Source:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...6-windows.html

Brink, May 21, 2023
  4. i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, May 21, 2023
Thema:

i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...

1. i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about... - Similar Threads - bought need Microsoft

2. Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...: We are trying to login to a BRAND new computer THAT WE STARTED TO SET UP. WE are unable or cannot sign in as a message pops up “oops something went wrong or “Violation of terms and conditions OR THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. The NEW COMPUTER Lenova Flex7i Evo Platform...
  3. Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...: We are trying to login to a BRAND new computer THAT WE STARTED TO SET UP. WE are unable or cannot sign in as a message pops up “oops something went wrong or “Violation of terms and conditions OR THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. The NEW COMPUTER Lenova Flex7i Evo Platform...
  4. My friend activated my license key, which is activated on my pc. Now we both can use the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend activated my license key, which is activated on my pc. Now we both can use the...: Hello. My friend accidentally used my activation key of WIN11 pro. I know, it's illegal, so now i need to deactivate my license on friend system, so my license will be ok. Is it possible?...
  5. i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...

i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...: I need quick assist. I subscribe to Microsoft 365 and I wish to install it on my friend's computer. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-pc-and-need-to-use-microsoft-365/3f88a451-6d7c-4c9a-8a9f-38df1632ab4c
  6. i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought a new PC and need to use Microsoft 365 which my friend has. How do we go about...: I need quick assist. I subscribe to Microsoft 365 and I wish to install it on my friend's computer. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-pc-and-need-to-use-microsoft-365/3f88a451-6d7c-4c9a-8a9f-38df1632ab4c
  7. How do I use my Microsoft subscription on a new pc

How do I use my Microsoft subscription on a new pc: I have a new laptop and want to use my current Microsoft subscription on this as well as retain this on my old laptop. How do I do this please?...
  8. How do I use my Microsoft subscription on a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I use my Microsoft subscription on a new pc: I have a new laptop and want to use my current Microsoft subscription on this as well as retain this on my old laptop. How do I do this please?...
  9. How do I use my Microsoft subscription on a new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I accidentally added my Microsoft 365 to a friends new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally added my Microsoft 365 to a friends new computer: Sharing my Microsoft 365 has allowed my friends computer to have access to all my documents. How do I delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-added-my-microsoft-365-to-a-friends/22e28983-5e3b-4054-9370-17aa593aeb07